Jambands.ca

best harry hood ever

phorbesie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure most have heard this story but I had to lay on the pavement during that Went Hood. Simply put, I was fucking high and could no longer make it. Prior to that I took off from our crew of 8-10 friends for reasons I wont ever really know but I trusted myself enough to realize I had to go. We had lost a soldier during the Tweezer from the first set and I thought I might be able to find him during the setbreak. My intentions came to the forefront.

"Dude, we are all pretty fucked up. Are you sure about this?"

"I think so."

I never found him but it all took a hold of me during the second set, somewhere during the 2001. It was time to stop looking parellel with the ground. Watching the sky rip around like a million shooting stars were going off at the same time, I was sure planets exploded while my molecules disbanded from one another, forming together again, allowing me to see how I was created and destroyed all at the same time. I had never fully appreciated Harry Hood until that show. Hell, I previously went so far as to refer to that song as ‘over-rated’ because I thought I couldn’t dance to it!

I was such a stupid Deadhead………..

Getting sick of hearing their side of the story, it took almost a year for me to finally ask my friends "What the fuck are these glowsticks ya'll are talking about during that Went Hood?"

"You didnt see those glowsticks?"

“Nadda oneâ€

We traded war stories and for all I know, I was a glowstick that night. Seeing them in Portland on 07-15-98, while not being the greatest Hood, I got to finally witness what my friends were talking about at the Went.

“Oooooooooh! You meant glowsticks in the literal term!â€

Can someone please link up the GIN from 12-02-99. I need to hear it now.

i have the DAT at home that was on up on etree for years, so if nothing else pops up, i can try to dig it out. wow, remember DATs? ;)

if i remember correctly (which i probably dont), the person falling was during setbreak?

sadly, you are correct.

I am positive it was only one and it was at setbreak because

a) it happened right beside my original seats

B) I was down hanging out with Tungsten (before I knew you) and Sean when it happened

c) as was I for the Gin

d) your memory may be impaired because if I remember correctly that wasn't booze you got for free in the parking lot

e) when I got back to my seats, Tamasi was like "DUDE, you totally missed some guy falling right beside us"

No recollection of the second faller.

Where's the best place for streaming Phish? I assumed they were on the archive' date=' but no.

[/quote']

I second this question...couldn't seem to find anything through google, of course I have the attention span of a 4 year old.

Yeah, I found a few sites like sugarmegs.org and nugs.net but could not find a streaming option.

Consequently, I've listened to the best Harry Hood ever about 5 times now!!