Jambands.ca

what do you do when people piss you off

phishtaper

ok, so we've been treated to a number of examples of astonishingly rude behaviour (always by others, of course), but here's my question ...

What do you do when people piss you off? Do you somehow let them know that they have pissed you off?

Personally, i keep a loaded glock in my glove box. }:|

You?

I saw a comic on TV once who said that his background was Irish, and that the Irish don't fight. "No, really, we don't. We take all the anger and cram it deep, deep down inside, and then we pour alcohol on top of it to make the hurting go away."

That's what I do.

Aloha,

Brad

I saw a comic on TV once who said that his background was Irish, and that the Irish don't fight. "No, really, we don't. We take all the anger and cram it deep, deep down inside, and then we pour alcohol on top of it to make the hurting go away."

That's what I do.

Aloha,

Brad

"take all your anger, and push it down...way down, until you're almost standing on it. them release it at an appropriate time...like when daddy hit the referee with the whiskey bottle?"

homer-simpson-pic.gif

Funny and true story. My former boss was stripped of her management role but instead given an executive-type role (read: not accountable for others). This was a source of frustration and borderline anger at her incompetence for the last year. As you would expect there were emails and sussing between staff here by email about her.

On Monday she sent a meeting request to me, which I forwarded to a colleague with suitable callous remarks about her ability. My colleague hit reply and wrote more callous things but when you reply to a forwarded meeting request your message goes to the Organizer.

Truly a "shit has hit the fan" moment. But in a way it's a good thing as we can now get it out in the open and start dealing with it.

So to answer the QOTD I evidently deal with people that piss me off by accidentally and inadvertently letting them know that they piss me off..in the worst way possible.

Here's an interesting, related question. Has anyone here ever, actually told someone to their face to "Fuck off"?

It sounds like a common thing, until you actually think about it. I think I've only done it once. I just kept repeating it, as the person kept trying to make excuses for their behaviour.

It is really quite liberating to repeatedly say it to someone who deserves it.

So, really, who here has actually stood face to face with someone and said that (and not to a friend, as a sarcastic joke).

Here's an interesting, related question. Has anyone here ever, actually told someone to their face to "Fuck off"?

I can't recall ever having done so, mostly because I don't think I've ever been in that harshly combative a situation; and since I know that a likely response to saying it would be an escalation to physical violence, which I try to avoid at all costs, I hope I'd never say it (in the manner you mean).

Aloha,

Brad

i've done it more than once, the last time to a crazy man in my apartment building who i thought was going to beat me up during an 'episode.'

i've also said it to gypsies trying to steal me and my girlfriend's belongings while travelling in spain, and to a man on a train who almost stole my passport.

i think there have been other occasions, but i'm not scared at all to drop the f-bomb if the situation or person deserves it.

Oh! You try to avoid escalating things to the level of physical violence.

Maybe I should adopt that approach. (Probably not.)*

*I should comment that apart from being knocked unconscious by the leader of a gang, which I really had no control over as I was minding my own business at the time, I've never been in a fight in my life.