Jambands.ca

Well, I'm pretty much fuÇked

TheGoodRev

So last night I made a pick up for work in a rental truck. Keys to the shop were on the rental truck keyring, so after I dropped the gear off I locked up and went home. Truck was supposed to go back out this morning, but I figured rather than leave the keys at work and take the shop key so I could lock up, I'd keep them together (so as not to lose them) and just make sure I was right on time this morning so the truck could leave again.

So of course this morning I can't find the goddamn keys. I've torn apart my car and my house. Disappeared into thin air. Called the shop; they've taken care of the delivery they had to make, so that fire is out. But still, no keys. Oh, and rental truck parked at the loading dock where we receive deliveries all day. I can't stand to look around any longer, so I turned to the internet.

Sanctuary, please make me feel better with your "I have screwed up on this level and still kept my job" stories. And...go.

also check behind all seats and couch cushions, etc. The main place I lose things is right out in the open. I look everywhere only to find they're right there.

My advice is get someone else over real quick and have them look (someone not from your house as they have a fresh perspective of the place).

Good luck dude

Here's a good one, make you smile...

I had a job driving a supply truck for a summer camp company. We decided to go see a friend in Ft. Collins, CO the night before picking up some kids at the airport in Denver, and there was a sorority party. I don't remember much of it, except I enjoyed myself, and when I woke up, the keys to the truck were missing. We didn't have a spare. Hungover as shit, we tore apart a SORORITY house, about 35 rooms and couldn't find it. We had to be at the airport in an hour and we were seventy-five minutes away, at least.

My friend at the Sorority decided last minute to check once more, and low and behold she found the keys under a couch cushion in the nether regions of the basement. At that time I was going at my truck with a coat hanger, trying to jimmy it open. We said our goodbyes, bolted a Ryder truck at 90mph down the interstate and were 10 minutes late. No one ever knew.

it's St. Anthony, and you can scoff all you like Booche, but it works! my grandma has a personal in with St. Anthony, if i see her sometime soon, i'll ask her to put in a request for you, Rev!

i lose my keys SO often, it's almost not even amusing anymore. they (and by "they" i mean "i" -- to speed along my future young vibrant billionaire status) really need to invent something similar to a Clapper/cordless phone pager button hybrid to help in situations like this (that can also be used on TV remotes).

and don't feel too bad, everyone screws up at work. here's a classic rocket scientist move -- when i was in high school, i had a part time job as a grocery store cashier, and i once gave some lady almost $80 of free groceries. her bill came to $86.60 and i only hit $8.66 on the debit machine. of course, the fuckin' thief didn't say a thing (and i KNOW she noticed). at the time i wondered what the pause and then the super duper fast scurry out of the store action on her part was all about!

((((((((((((( here's to hoping you find the dang keys & if not, at least you get a nice snow day off work. :) )))))))))))))

I did the same thing at Evolve 2005. Got pretty spun on the Saturday night and "woke up" (came to) on Sunday with three friends desperately wanting to head out and get Egg McMuffins before 11. Needless to say I was on board, but wasn't really sure where I had packed the keys.

Long story short, my buddy recalls giving me the keys the night before when he came back from a nap in the rental truck (which was rented through my work account and was not supposed to leave New Brunswick, and we were in Nova Scotia). I had no recollection of this, but figured if I knew myself at all- I had attached them to my belt with the beener.

It took me about 20 minutes to cover the festival grounds goiing from 'pee spot' to 'pee spot' trying to recall all of my relief points from the night before. When I came upon site #4, I remembered Melissa from Wassabi laying on the grass talking to me while I wizzed. Sure enough the keys were sitting right in the still glistening grass!

Crisis averted, but we did not make it McD's in time for breakfast. I ate a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and passed out until we got back to Moncton.

Also the same Evolve that my friend performed the heimlich manuever on Farley and saved him from the worst.........

Sean