Jambands.ca

Priceline experiences

bouche

I just got in at The Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (123 Queen St. W.), a 4-star hotel, for US$69 + taxes for a three-night (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) stay. I'm not entirely sold on it, but this experience worked out pretty well (he said, anticipating goodness).

Aloha,

Brad

Sunday, I'll be out at (about) 1500 Queen St. W., to see The Done Fors (Janine Stoll's band); Monday, I'll be at Milagro for dinner and then at The Orbit Room for Sisters Euclid; Tuesday, I'll be at The Opera House for Umphrey's McGee, so that hotel is about as central to those events as possible. (I'm also travelling by train, and The Sheraton is stumbling distance from Union Station. :) )

When I saw BNB at The Opera House last year, I stayed at the hotel associated with the venue (a Holiday Inn on a sidestreet near Yonge & Queen), and it was at most a 3-star, and was CDN$110/night, so this deal blows that one away.

Aloha,

Brad

That's a great hotel and VERY central! It would be a perfect one for Toronto Jazz Fest. When I booked a room there for a buddy last year it overlooked Nathan Phillips Square where all the action was. Too bad you couldn't open the windows to hear anything .

Hey

What's with the ....?

Just booked 2 nights at the Courtyard Marriot on Yonge (3 stars) for $50 US per night. Total for both nights, with taxes is $122.37 USD, or just under $140 CAD. Saved at least 50% again!

We tried for about a week to get a 4 star but didn't want to go above $65 and Priceline wasn't biting at that bid.

The great thing is that we ended up walking distance to the venue!