Jambands.ca

JACKFRUIT Rancho Relaxo - March 23

StoneMtn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Recipe from a Small Planet there several years ago. It's a small room upstairs from a Mexican restaurant, and if I remember correctly it's around the corner from the Comfort Zone.

I would go see Jackfruit there. Then again, although I wouldn't go as far as Cully, I think the best years of Wassabi are behind them. The headlining show at CTMF at Izzy's where they played till the pre-dawn though was freaken amazing.

That link was interesting, Brad.

The only way I knew of the fruit called "jackfruit" was from my grandfather reminiscing about growing up in Jamaica. I had no idea it was all over the world, and he always wondered if that was even the real name of the fruit (since he's never seen it in Canada).

Cool stuff.

Rancho Relaxo is one of of not the Worst venue in the city, its tiny, like 15 feet wide. it smells, its etreamly hot up there. its not connected to the resturant, and the resturant closes around 9 or 10.

the sound system is awful and the stage is tiny and you cant see it if people stand up to dance.

i stoped going there a long time ago, and i thought most bands stoped playing there.

i just got back from the east cost run of wassabi shows, jack fruit opened for them, all 4 night. there ok but i wouldn't even compaire them to Wassabi

Here's my opinion Stone.....

Because you live in Ontario and havn't seen Jackfruit lately, I just saw them before they left town, finally since their new drummer, and they've stepped it up huge. I know that since they were last in Ontario and since they got their new drummer, they've been practicing like 3 times a week, and in the last 5 weeks before they left for tour they played I think 5 times. They're an increadible band who is on fire right now and you should definetely go see Jackfruit!

Thank you for the comments, p.p.

I will say this: I think both bands are excellent and entertaining as hell. I would see either one any time.

I don't want to say which show I am going to, because I don't want to influence anyone either way. In either case, I expect the show will be stellar, and the deciding factor for me in this case was actually my wife, who specifically chose one band over the other.

I'd love to but Toronto is so blasted far when you live in Hamilton and are always too drunk to drive. Oh, and that there are 40 bars with live music that I can walk to tonight. I'd ask someone to record Jackfruit tonight but I'm pretty sure that I heard the sound guy there is an idiot and can't figure out how to do it and won't trust anyone else.