Jambands.ca

Noises from the Toolshed: Ontario Tour! (mar 28-apr 1)

Stoolshed

Hellloooo everyone,

We're happy as hell to be coming out again! It's been over a year in coming, and we still haven't finished our upcoming instrumental release, but we're coming none the less.

Actually, we have alterior motives. We wanted to come see the Rheos do their last show because we're big fans and wanna pay hommage, but also, what is a band if not to play shows? Hence, here we are. In fact, we've been doing three days a week in the space, working on new stuff, revamping and rewriting old stuff, etc., so we've got lots of new things about. We hope to see a bunch of you at some of these shows:

Wed March 28th: arrive in TO, find gear, find live music and beer, make fun of Leafs to Jeff Carter.

Thurs March 29th: London, Fanshawe College, Noon show

Thursday March 29th: Peterborough, The Red Dog (evening show), w/ openers: Makita Hack and the Log Rollers (great oldtime acoustic act).

Friday March 30th: Toronto, The Now Lounge (189 Church St., a block from the Massey Hall Rheos show) w/ openers: Beyond the Pale. We play after the Rheos are done. ( http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/238786/ )

Saturday March 31st: Ottawa, Cafe Dekcuf, w/ our friends Inglewood Jack.

That'll be all for us, because we fly out sunday afternoon, back to home, after destroying Mike and Sharon's place. Huxtabooyakasha!

Stephen, el diablo del Toolshed.

Edited by Guest

no shit.

i thought you were coming out the end of april, not the end of march. but really, this couldn't have come together any better - i've been making plans to be in peterborough thursday, and toronto on friday. not sure about ottawa on saturday, but hey, give a girl a break.

good to see you guys are makin it back to peterborough - maybe a round of disc golf in the afternoon? :)

You might check out High Lonesome Wednesdays with Crazy Strings at The Silver Dollar Room for some good bluegrass (I haven't seen them, but I've heard good things about them).

I took Bradm up on this recommendation and it was really fine. Show got started about 10 and moved through some very tasty traditionals. I really enjoyed the old sytle central mike setup with each member stepping in to sing/harmonize or bust out a blinding melody. The staff were really cool too.

I topped off my evening with a ride on the streetcar and got totally lost downtown. I was dumped out of the spadina station after lights out. I lit one and walked in the general direction of my brothers place, humming, my mind tapping the hidden rythyms of Bluegrass.

So I don't know if it has been mentioned yet or not, but the gig on Saturday, with Inglewood Jack opening (BradM's band), well, that's the night before BradM's 40th birthday (I'm sure no one will be surprised to find out that BradM is an April Fool's baby :)

So, not only will March 31st be a night of killer grooves, but an opportunity for everyone to show their love for one of this board's most active members!

Oh yeah, as BradM keeps reminding me, it's also the anniversary of the night that Nero got Dekcuf to change their taping policy from no taping to pro taping. As an avid taper I think that might be BradM's biggest reason for celebration this Saturday :)

One last request, please don't buy him litres of alcohol until after Inglewood Jack plays, thank you :)