Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go - Fan Forum

djmelbatoast

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.2 innings, 1 run, a whole shitload of broken bats. This guy, although I realize it's just his first start, is already their #2 behind Halladay(happy Booche).

If this kid continues like this, Marcum keeps it up and Chacin and Halladay get back. They could end up not in last place.

i only caught the first inning over a beer before the arcade fire, and he did look good... looked like he had good stuff, but was just barely missing the zone... good on Rios for coming through with a dinger first pitch in the bottom half - i thought that "first start, first inning, first walk, first run" scenario coulda been a confidence killer for the rook.

looks like he had a great game, though.. all the way from double A!

(christ, i hope the reds were watching and take a chance on homer bailey already!)

He looked like he was 12 and you could see in his eyes that he was a touch nervous. It was still a solid pitching performance but Hal makes a valid point. Once other teams scout this boy, he's going to start getting shelled.

Hopefully that doesnt happen. I do like that the Jays have put a few wins together. It would be nothing short of a miracle (in my eyes) if they can come back from all of this and make the post-season.

With a groundball pitcher like that it is harder to get shelled.

With Marcum and Janssen they are more strikeout guys with more of a tendency to give up long balls when they aren't on.

Did you see this guy Hal?

The Orioles only got the ball out of the infield a handful of times and every other batter was getting his bat sawed in half.

I don't have much here. Plus, all I predicted was that they wouldn't finish in last place. Is that going to far?

I watched most of the game last night. All Im saying is that rookies often have success their first go around, but tend to get shelled, as Booche stated, once they get scouted. Just dont get your hope up too much. It'd be awesome if he came through, but Im not counting on it. Plus, he should curve his hat a little, he looks like a thug.

Yea well he's obviously going to have his ups and downs (remember Halladay before he won the CY???) but the way the Jays have been playin this year anything positive is like a godsend...

If Marcum can pitch half as good as he pitched in his start he's gonna be solid, ditto Litsch

Between talking to Booche from work long-distance, watching the Sens game and checking out the last few innings when my boss finally went home, from what I saw, A.J. was excellent. He's not all there mentally, but when he is, man, can that kid throw.

just watched Litsch pitch 4 innings...not bad, but not great.

Definately didn't see any sign of the pitcher that threw 8 2/3rds in his debut. Although he looks solid, I feel it's gonna take awhile for him to really put it all together. He is supposedly a ground ball pitcher (sinker, slider) but the guy kept the ball pretty up (evident by two dingers and a couple long fly balls)...We shall see.

Right now 4-zip in the 5th, go jays!!

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think they have a wild card run in em...definately too inconsistent

Although I am intrigued about next year with a rotation of Halladay, Burnett, Marcum, McGowan and Chacin...not bad...not great either though unfortunately

still gotta love the jays, just a month ago they were what like nine games under 500? Ya never know in baseball...

Doesnt help when Gibby pulls his starter whose pitching a relative gem. The guy gives up his like 2 or 3rd hit of the game in like the fifth or 6th, a two run bomb, an obvious mistake pitch, and Gibby pulls him next inning - even AFTER the Jays take a 1 run lead.

People used to criticize Gibbons when he left guys in too long, now they get mad when he pulls em too early. How bout this - he just doesnt make the right moves at the right time.