Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go - Fan Forum

djmelbatoast

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

injuries happen.

take your lumps, hope for the best, and keep your farm system deep - there's no way they were contending for a play-off spot this year, anyhow, so i say dont get all crazy, suck it up and start figuring out how to win next year when the yanks are a little futher over the hill and their (jays) young pitchers are a little more mature.

yea we need starting pitching, but is AJ any better than right now than lets say...dustin mcgowan? both are very inconsistent and can be dominant at times...dm costs about 10 million less and aj can actually get us some prospects...remember, scott kazmir was once traded for victor zambrano

burnett is the #2 man, and how much longer is he locked up for? he's part of a process that is going to take time to complete - they made good strides on offense this past off-season, but they're still a couple starters and some depth from contending, realistically.

so, why trade your #2 guy for more prospects that are either a) going to take longer to develop, or B) be thrown in too early and quite likely get shelled and have their careers ruined by confidence?

if you're perpetually re-building, and not giving time to those things your putting in place to manifest, how are you ever going to get anywhere?

these are building blocks, and as long as they've got tools under contract that they can work with, i see no reason to start selling the farm 2 years into the project.

at least it hasnt been a 100 years since they last won. all things considered, this has been a pretty successful franchise, and im sure they will be again with some patience.

I'm with Guigs. You cant hit the panic button right now and expect immediate results. Baseball doesnt work like that unless you are the Yankees and are able to afford bringing Clemens in for the rest of the season.

Hopefully the ship can turn on its own. If not, this is going to be a loooooooooong season.

What's the season up to now? 230 games or something?

I'm with Guigs too, unfortunately for this year... it is a great opportunity to get the sophmores and juniors some more playing time, and when they need the depth and have the chemistry it'll be all good. ... in '08.

Someone's gotta wake up Frank Thomas too. He's playing like a chump.

Marcum isn't going out for the 7th inning.

Further proof that Gibbons is an idiot.

Who wants to bet the Jays bullpen blows the game?

Frasor gave up a damn home run

I understand why Gibbons took him out (Marcum's first start, wanted to keep his pitch count down, gave up two walks previously) but when the guy is throwing a fucking no hitter you keep in the damn ball game until he gives up a hit...espcially with our terrible bullpen...and of all people he brings in Frasor who is the last person you want out there in a tight ball game...