Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go - Fan Forum

djmelbatoast

If the blowout continues and it's looking like Halladay is on his game tonight, the later innings could get very interesting. Bill Elliot believes that the Yanks will "try something" tonight.

Here's a question to ponder: It seems that the Jays have the most colour commentators in baseball and sports for that matter, so why is a non player Sam Cosentino doing colour? You'd think one of the other ex-players would have been booked for the Yankee series. I'm not saying Sam isn't doing a pretty decent job...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so fucking pissed that I missed AJ Burnett pitch on a rehab assignment here in Ottawa.

I originally read that as meaning you were so fucking drunk (right at the moment) that it caused you to miss AJ Burnett pitch (this evening).

Aloha,

Brad

I am so fucking pissed that I missed AJ Burnett pitch on a rehab assignment here in Ottawa.

I originally read that as meaning you were so fucking drunk (right at the moment) that it caused you to miss AJ Burnett pitch (this evening).

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

I'd stay out of this one Bradley.

Here's a question to ponder: It seems that the Jays have the most colour commentators in baseball and sports for that matter, so why is a non player Sam Cosentino doing colour? You'd think one of the other ex-players would have been booked for the Yankee series. I'm not saying Sam isn't doing a pretty decent job...

I heard Campbell on the fan last year talk about this....apparently no one lives near Toronto or wants to work here for the summer. The best they can do is rotate between Fletcher, Tabler and Mullinicks.

Don't forget about Barfield and Alan Ashby. It's been done before, using Jerry on TV broadcasts. Mike Wilner is another colour guy, although he's better suited as a stats man. So, that's 7 freaking colour guys not including Jerry, who's a colour guy when Alan switches to play-by-play.

I was thinking last night that Sam would be a natural as the Jays'/Sportsnet's play-by-play man. He has a background in play-by-play and Campbell's contract isn't unending. Yes, Jamie should be worried.

Edited by Guest

Did any of you just hear that on the telecast of the jays/Royals game tonight? There is a 'speed dating' game coming up next week. Pay $54.00 and get 25 'speed' dates over the course of a game, with a party on the field afterward. Too funny. Any single guys out there between 35-45? GET ON IT!!!

Edited by Guest

The Jays are obviously finished, but let's all pull for Doc Halladay to win 20 games. He has a shot. He's leading the majors in complete games too and that ERA is shrinking.

The great news for next year is that the 'current' Jays starting staff is one of the best in the AL and their bullpen can only get better.

I was shocked the Zaun threw out Vlady last night. I agree they need an arm behind the plate and another good hitting catcher, one that can either platoon or takeover the starting duties.

What the Jays really need is for their team to hit to their potential, and I'm looking at you Wells, Glaus and Overbay... and you can't hide either Frank.

If Wells, Glaus, Overbay and Thomas had hit like they did last year this team would be in a much better position.

The problem the Jays seem to have is that one year the pitching is a strength and the next it is the hitting. They need a year where both meet in the middle and the team is complete.

• 2 weeks later...