Jambands.ca

Official 2007 NHL Playoff Thread

badams

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an incredible turn of events. Up until the 19:53 mark of the 3rd it looked like Lundqvist was unbeatable and this series was over. Now the Rangers are on the ropes. Incredible game!

I'm still waiting for JR to pop McKenzie ... before the end of the playoffs hopefully!!!

Great finish to the game. Jagr is a fucking pussy. Can't stand that arsehole (along with Hasek)

!!!GO SABRES GO!!!

I also love the way Ruff has the balls to bench a healthy "star" on his team. Seemed to work like a charm. I wish more coaches would do this (or be given the permission from top brass to do so). Give the players a little perspective now and then :)

Why the FUCK is there a game at 1:30pm tomorrow???? RIDICULOUS.

GO SHARKS GO

Yup.

Totally gone. I didnt follow them into the playoffs but their legs appear gone compared to the early part of the playoffs even though they are still pumping the checks. It's just not as often.

Thornton? Marleau? Where did those players go. Hell, even Rivet looked good for a while.

Deflation.

Then again, I shouldnt sound like I am taking anything away from Detroit.

• 2 weeks later...

Ducks v Wings yesterday was HOT. Both these teams are rippin' it up and playing great. Lots of heavy hitting and speed too. I think that they are very evenly matched and both have solid goaltending (even though i despise Hasek )

Game 6 should be a doozy. I'm looking forward to a Ducks v. Sens final (best matchup IMHO)

Back to the sunshine and outdoors ...

I've decided that I'm totally cheering for the Ducks against Detroit. Not because I think the Sens will have an easier time against them, but because I'll be going to a Roger Waters concert on June 4th. If there's an away game against the Ducks that night, It won't start until 10 or 11pm, therefore I won't miss much of the game while I'm at the concert.

From what I'm hearing on the radio, tentative plan is for the final to start on May 29th. That would likely put game 3 in Ottawa on Jun 2 and game 4 in Ottawa on Jun 5.

I'm debating on getting a 40 ticket flex pack for next year to guarantee playoff tickets. Heard there will only be around 1000 tickets available to the general public for each game.

You mean to tell me that they are coercing fans into buying seasons tix for NEXT season to be given the opportunity to get tix for the 3 games that will be in Ottawa in the next round? That's blackmail isn't it? Sounds like the Sens brass have been learning some tricks from the Leafs :D :D :D

Could you imagine if the Grateful Dead had only made tix for New Years Eve available to people who pre-ordered tickets to entire tours the next year? Hmmmmm

Edited by Guest

You mean to tell me that they are coercing fans into buying seasons tix for NEXT season to be given the opportunity to get tix for the 3 games that will be in Ottawa in the next round? That's blackmail isn't it? Sounds like the Sens brass have been learning some tricks from the Leafs :D :D :D

Here's the email I got from the Sens.

Dear Senators Fan,

Your Ottawa Senators are heading into the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in franchise history (modern era) . It's now time to "BRING HOME STANLEY".

HOW TO SECURE YOUR STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF TICKETS

Don't miss out on your chance to be at Scotiabank Place for every minute of exciting Stanley Cup Final action! Access to tickets for the Stanley Cup Final is extremely limited. You can secure tickets and save up to 68% off of the gate price, when you purchase or renew a season ticket package for the 2007-2008 season (minimum purchase required) .

Our 07-08 season ticket information is attached for your review (includes taxes). The first page contains our flex ticket package information and the second page contains our half season package information. The far right column lists the price for 1 Full Season seat -- that is the same price for 2 Half Season seats (2 Halfs = 1 Full).

** Minimum Purchased Required is a Flex 40 ticket pacakge in the Upper Bowl (300 Level) OR 2 Full Season Seats in the 100/200 Levels. **

Flex Pack 40 Ticket Package (20 games for 2 people or 10 games for 4 people):

300 Level U1's ( Rows B-G) = $2962.32 - 25% down of $740.58

Round 4 - 2 Seats taxes included =$852.00

300 Level U2's ( Row's H-M) = $2413.59 - 25% down of $603.39

Round 4 - 2 Seats taxes included =$678.00

300 Level U3's ( Row's N-S) = $1677.62 - 25% down of $419.41

Round 4 - 2 Seats taxes included =$ 462.00

2 Full Season Seats - 100/200 Level

CLUB Seats - $12,549.04 - 25% down = $3137.26

Round 4 - 2 Seats taxes included =$1620.00

100 Visitor Ends - $9,139.22 - 25% down = $2284.81

Round 4 - 2 Seats taxes included = $1326.00

100 Home End - $7,862.78 - 25% down = $1965.70

Round 4 - 2 Seats taxes included = $1134.00

200 Centre Ice - $9,139.22 - 25% down = $2,284.81

Round 4 - 2 Seats taxes included = $1326.00

200 Level Ends - $7,315.74 - 25% down = $1828.94

Round 4 - 2 Seats taxes included =$1056.00

The Ottawa Senators will play Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final on Monday in Anaheim or Detroit.

CBC will broadcast all games in the best-of-seven series, with each game starting at 8 p.m. ET.

The Ottawa Senators will have to wait just a bit longer for their first Stanley Cup final game.

The opener will come nine days after the Senators eliminated Buffalo, the team's lengthiest break between rounds in the 2007 playoffs.

Ottawa will host its first Stanley Cup final game in the modern era on June 2. Scotiabank Place is also the site of Game 4 two nights later.

Should there be a Game 7, it will take place June 11 in the Western Conference winning team's building.

Anaheim is leading the West final 3-2, with a chance to close the series out at home against Detroit on Tuesday (CBC, 9 p.m. ET).