Jambands.ca

The Price Is Right

Booche

Do you ever watch Deal No Deal? It is a stupid show but people make really bad decisions and can lose $500,000 in 10 minutes. Good stuff.

It would be so good if people actually lost $500,000 instead of losing the opportunity to win $500,000. The ultimate gamble for some rich folks, broadcast live on TV. Now THAT would be good TV.

I like the Simpsons where they're on Jeopardy.

yeah, 2 minutes of Deal or No Deal and I get pissed right off... its like someone went out of their way to plan a show that would totally offend me... loathe it, when I see I feel like I understand everything thats wrong with the world

tell me about it! i loathe that show too. i loathe the fact that i sit in my middle room doing whatever and listen as my roomate shouts (literally) "DEAL! DEAL YOU IDIOT!!" at the tv.

Nothing more than that makes me cringe... oh 'cept for that little opening jingle to law & order! YIKES!

Deal No Deal is funny because it is just picking numbers and family members become enraged with one another for picking 17 instead of 27. That to me is funny. I remember one episode where a guys wife was telling him to pick their aniversary and his buddy was telling him to pick his football jersey number or something and he went with his buddy and got the million dollar case. His wife flipped out and was crying. I thought it was hillarious.

I didn't see the final episode of Price is Right. GOtta look it up on the net. I did read that there was at least one Deadhead present at the show!!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2007/06/the_tease_bob_b.html

Fittingly, the episode's first winner was born within nine days of the first airing of Price Is Right and another, a wacky stoner, shows up in a Grateful Dead shirt. What a long, strange trip it's been for Bob Barker. They haven't announced his replacement yet, but we all know that nobody -- be it George Hamilton, Rosie O'Donnell, Mario Lopez or Abe Vigoda -- could possibly truly replace him.

Anyone got a pic of this?

Thanks for keeping me entertained all those sick days when I was but a wee one Bob!!! Keep it real yo.

I hated TPIR on home days. Made that last hour til noon excrutiating. Bob just seemed like a real dick to me.

good god Ollie...you summed it up so succinctly!

Bob WAS and IS one creepy dude! Stop sentimentalizing a creepy old weirdo who was accused of sexual impropriety with female co-workers!

seriously, the whole premise of TPIR -- more and better consumer products, please! -- is fucked!!!