Jambands.ca

Gordie Johnson says hi!

Kanada Kev

oh man i love gordie johnson. he is one sexy beast

[but not as sexy as my bf!].

i met him at the calgary folkfest a whole bunch of years ago, that`s when i realized i`m not good at talking to famous people. he was really nice and normal though! him and kelly hoppe. nice.

Canadian rock need Gordie Johnson to start a band again...

His 'new' band Grady has two albums out, and they're awesome. Blues metal. They've been around for at least 2 and a half years now.

Sat/July 7

Johnny B's Nightclub 10PM

Whitby, Ontario

Mon/July 9

The Harb 10PM

Owen Sound, Ontario

Wed/July 11

Ottawa Bluesfest 7:00PM

Ottawa, Ontario

MBNA Stage

Lebreton Flats

Thurs/July 12

Jackhammers Nightclub 11:00PM

Brantford, Ontario

155 Lynden Rd

Fri/July 13

Healeys Roadhouse 10PM

Toronto, Ontario

Sat/July 14

Norma Jeans 10PM

London, Ontario

they played here in hammerton once IIRC as well.

truths and rights are friggin killers too. i got to smoke out wiht big sugar when they played at mohawk college, i was their dressing room runner, basically their little bitch. at least they shared.

AD, they are as loud as big sugar was eh?

loudest bar show i've ever seen!

i dunno, haven't seen them yet, but the material on CD lends itself to massive loudness. i'm imagining as loud or louder this time around. which i thought was impossible.

didn't Truths and Rights play at late night set at Izzy's....either a CTMF or Freeker's Ball....?

someone whose memory hasn't been so damaged please confirm or deny....

...and KK.....I thought you were a stinkin' hippie, brah....and here you are in a silk purple tie no less! Get with the program buddy! ;);):P

...and KK.....I thought you were a stinkin' hippie, brah....and here you are in a silk purple tie no less! Get with the program buddy! ;);):P

:D Sorry to disappoint :) Anyone who knows me knows that that ain't my normal attire. I've prided myself in not having to own a suit until I hit 36. Damn, it was a good run. At least I only use it for special events. Maybe I should bring it to Gratefulfest? :P I gotta say, you do get some preferential treatment wearing one of those monkey suits ...

I'm back in a worn out tye-dye right now and getting ready to smoke a fatty and watch a bit of Bonnaroo ... now that's more like it :D

0614cars-dreamcar0617-ON.jpg

Edited by Guest

His 'new' band Grady has two albums out, and they're awesome. Blues metal. They've been around for at least 2 and a half years now.

Thurs/July 12

Jackhammers Nightclub 11:00PM

Brantford, Ontario

155 Lynden Rd

SuperStack is opening this gig too. I'm hittin' it fo' sho'.

didn't Truths and Rights play at late night set at Izzy's....

You're memory serves you well.

I had a wonderful evening groovin away at that show. Izzy's was a perfect setting for music, particularly a tasty reggae vibe right down by the water under a canopy of trees.

I wonder if they're playing much these days? They used to do the odd gig at the Pepperjacks and The Casbah. But I haven't heard anything about them in quite some time.

Big Sugar

Truths and Rights

Grady

...it's all great stuff.

I seem to recall Gordie sitting on a Govn't Mule set at the Comfort Zone some years back. That was my first time ever seeing him live. I believe that was the show that went down shortly before Allan Woody died...

I seem to recall Gordie sitting on a Govn't Mule set at the Comfort Zone some years back. That was my first time ever seeing him live. I believe that was the show that went down shortly before Allan Woody died...

there was one on 7/31/2000

Set: Bad Little Doggie > Lay Your Burden Down, Rocking Horse > No Need To Suffer, World Gone Wild, Painted Silver Light, Blue Jean Blues > Doing It To Death, Lucky, Mule > I've Been Working > Mule

Encore: Never In My Life *, jam *> Little Wing *, Who's Been Talkin' **, Southern Man **> Rockin' In The Free World **

Soundcheck: Rockin' In The Free World, Born Under A Bad Sign ^, Thorazine Shuffle ^, American Woman ^

Setlist Notes: * Corky Laing on drums of Mountain, no Matt; ** Gordie Johnson on guitar of Big Sugar; ^ partial

yeah, i was at that show and it was wicked. yeah allan died a few weeks later.

grady is fucking loud and not very good, I've seen them twice and was really disappointed both times. though if you're a fan of big sugar you would probably like them. the songs don't hold up very well though.

I seem to recall Gordie sitting on a Govn't Mule set at the Comfort Zone some years back.

That was a crazy week of music for me - everything, musically, seem to go full circle....and it was great!

- Saw Big Sugar up around Bracebridge

- back to TO to see the ABB - the boys from Gov't mule sit in for a few songs.

- go to Comfort Zone to see Gov't Mule - Gordie Johnson sits in with them

Wish that kind of shit happened more often