Jambands.ca

Bluesfest search procedure?

FunkyBeats

Stacking beers in a lawnchair is foolproof. Once I had the chairbag felt up by the security girl on my way in and she gave me a quizzical look, but I stammered something and was given the go-ahead. The other times nobody even bothered to check the chair.

Christine had her bag checked at most gates yesterday. They made her open it to have a quick look inside and felt it from the outside, for bottles presumably. So take a little care in your packing but don't expect anything harsh.

If you can hide it on your body, even better.

edit to add: apparently bluesfest takes vollies as young as 13...and I swear those are the only ones I've seen at the gates!!!

My advice is as Ollie's...just brazenly walk through, no eye contact, as if you're too important (or innocent) to be bothered. Poor kids can't muster up the balls to stop ya.

Also, time your entry with a group who do stop for the cursory search...while "security" are feeling up the bags, everyone else just saunters through.

hilarious!

All they are doing is a quick pat and a glance inside. Cover your beers in a jacket and sweatshirt. It also helps to tell them what they are about to see when they ask to search your bag. Twice I said "Its just my sneakers and a sweatshirt" with those items right on top.

I have taken 2 full cases of Bud onto the site so far, in addition to a mickey of rum each evening.

I've been watching for that and so far I haven't seen a bag even "felt up"; let alone opened up.

Be careful once inside the site though, when you go over to the River stage there is another security gate and they seemed to be checking bags much more thoroughly there. I watched Mute Math from behind the Rogers stage due to their presence and kept my 6 pack intact.

S