Jambands.ca

Will there be another?

The Chameleon

I listen to Phish all the time. I go in waves like others mentioned but when it does go on i find myself shaking my head at how fuckin awesome they were. NOTHING in the world has or will sound like that band.

Debating big, little, best and worst doesn't hold too much concern for me. they are still my favourite band ever and that's all that matters in my little corner of the world.

Trey's gotta be thinking... "Look at me now...and look at me when Phish was alive" who knows, probably not... but thats what I'm thinkin'

I just hope Phish reunites. Period.

The talent and "genre" are saturated with bands that play awesome music so the fans are more spread out....shrinking the touring population.

Phish was all about synergy too. They were truly greater than the sum of their parts, a true band.

PHISH COME BACK!!!!

I'd like to see the whole Jam "scene" morph into something more along the lines of the jazz scene. Have players constantly rotating and forming different permutations and ensembles. Who really needs ONE big thing, when you can have a whole bunch of more reasonably-sized things that offer more variety and interesting venues. It has moved more that way recently and the big stadiums are being left for over-priced professional sports teams to fill.

everyone should just drop out of what you are doing and go on DSO tour!

the next big thing to rally the masses is a band performing another bands shows?!?

sorry marcO..

[color:purple]everyone should just drop out of what you are doing and go on DSO tour!

hope the purple font helps you recognize the sarcasm in that statement.

And on a personal level, I'm separating the "time of life" associations from my take on their music: they could be exceptional, no doubt. But I have almost zero desire to listen to their music, which often strikes as just silly these days (and not in a good way anymore). On the other hand, I'll listen to the Dead until they day I die? Why? Songs, songs, songs.

!!!

bwaa :D well I never saw phish that much... I really REALLY like phish a lot. I still think they rock. I totally also think that when phish was around, the Jam just seemed more together. Now everything so fragmented and scattered.

Also.. the DEAD FRICKEN rocks my socks... more and more everyday... :) Love them!! I think no matter what happens to people who tour and see shows, the Dead will live on forever. :D

Remember when bands like Blues Traveler and The Spin Doctors were supposed to be the next generation of bands that were to unite us all and take us across the country for years to come? What ever happened to that?

Two Princes and Runaround...those two songs for each band individually alienated their core audience and they never really recovered. However those songs did take them deep into the mainstream...

Blues Traveler is on the rebound though..I hear they are doing great shows again...I really like them circa 1992-1997ish

Blues Traveler is on the rebound though..I hear they are doing great shows again...I really like them circa 1992-1997ish

Has John Popper dealt with his speeding and gun-possession arrest yet... or should I say, when is his day in court scheduled?

Blues Traveler and Spin Doctors pretty much put The Wetlands on the map, which let a lot of up and coming bands play the shows that would give them their chops and a lasting audience.

And Blues Traveler put together HORDE, which was instrumental in getting Phish and Panic (among others) out to a larger audience. Check the list of bands that played HORDE, and look how many of them are HUUUGE now. Not saying HORDE is why they're huge, but it must have helped a bit

* Agents of good roots

* Allgood

* The Allman Brothers Band

* Aquarium Rescue Unit

* Barenaked Ladies

* Beck

* Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

* Ben Folds Five

* Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals

* Big Head Todd

* The Black Crowes

* Blues Traveler

* Cake Like

* Chrysalids

* Dan Dyer with Breedlove

* Dave Matthews Band

* Dionne Farris

* G. Love & Special Sauce

* God Street Wine

* Gov't Mule

* Joan Osborne

* King Crimson

* Kula Shaker

* Leftover Salmon

* Lenny Kravitz

* Marcy Playground

* Medeski, Martin & Wood

* The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

* Morphine

* Natalie Merchant

* Neil Young

* Paula Cole

* Pete Droge and the Sinners

* Phish

* Primus

* Rusted Root

* The Samples

* Screaming Cheetah Wheelies

* Sheryl Crow

* Smashing Pumpkins

* Soul Coughing

* Soulhat

* The Spin Doctors

* Squirrel Nut Zippers

* Taj Mahal & The Phantom Blues Band

* Toad The Wet Sprocket

* Ween

* Widespread Panic

* Wilco

* Ziggy Marley

So true AD, H.O.R.D.E. was very crucial to the scene in the early 90's.

It was really responsible breaking Phish on a national level. It took them from small College shows to arenas and stadiums...

The scene could really benefit form that kind of festival again.. Seems the Jamband scene is the only one that does not have a travelling tour to support up and coming talent anymore. Metalheads have Ozzfest, the pop/punk scene has Vans warped tour etc....

I know we have Bonnaroo and other festivals but not one that tours and that is the key factor in terms of making people aware and spreading influence at the grassroots level....

I wish H.O.R.D.E. was still happening.