Jambands.ca

Book: Of interest to maybe three people here...

StoneMtn

Believe it or not, they sent me ONE complimentary copy. I may get a couple more down the road, and likely a big pile of them in a few years when it goes out of print.

I'd love to give free, signed copies to all my friends, but I'd actually have to buy the book and pay retail prices to do it.

Congrats Corey.

I know what a trial (pardon the pun) getting stuff into press can be, so you must be happy.

I've got a few book chapters in publishing limbo right now (somewhere between me, the editor and the publisher), and I'll be pleased as hell to see one of them actually appear in print. I don't even know if I should expect a single personal copy, but I sure as shit won't get more than one!

since you're on here now Corey, I'll post this thing I just got in the mail. Don't knwo if you or someone you know can help these folks....

Hi there,

Wondering if any of you have connections with a lawyer or firm willing to do some pro bono research for the Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade (FAST). Below is a description of FAST and their needs;

The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade is a new not-for-profit association of socially oriented financial service providers (eg. lenders) with the mandate of improving developing country small producer access to “trade financeâ€. Access to finance has been widely recognized as one of the key barriers for small producers to enter value added markets. As such, FAST promises to provide a critical, market-based solution to systemic poverty in agricultural commodity production and trade. FAST aims to improve small producer access to finance by: 1. streamlining loan application procedures for producers 2. providing financial literacy training 3. facilitating loan guarantees for sustainable producers 4. improving cooperation among financial service providers in the delivery of credit to SMEs committed to sustainable production practises. FAST already has strong support from a wide number of key players in the “sustainable finance†world, including, World Bank, Rabobank, Citigroup, Cordaid, Solidaridad, Ecologic, UNCTAD, Technoserve etc.

Although an initial preference for locating FAST in London has been identified by the FAST steering committee, options in Holland, New York and Montreal are also being considered. FAST is currently seeking legal assistance in its incorporation process. In particular, FAST is seeking assistance in answering the following questions:

What are the costs, procedures, processes required for registration in Montreal

Does it make sense to incorporate outside of the jurisdiction where the head office is located?

Should FAST incorporate in the US ?

If so, where in the US should it incorporate?

Are there any advantages to incorporation in more than one jurisdiction (European and/or American)?

Pending initial response to these questions, FAST will then be seeking legal assistance towards its eventual incorporation in the relevant jurisdiction.

We are therefore seeking initial indications of interest in supporting FAST in its incorporation process over the next 2 -3 months. Any assistance or advice on this matter would be most appreciated,

Sincerely,

Kim Kenney

Communications, Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade

International Institute for Sustainable Development

Email: kkenney@iisd.ca

Web: www.fast-international.org

Thanks in advance!

Blane: I'd be the wrong guy to be researching Quebec or American law. Quebec is an anomaolous "civil law" jurisdiction in Canada, that I know nothing about, and I really know nothing of American law. Otherwise I'd look into helping.

MZ: 70 bucks??? That's pretty hefty. I hope I'm worth it! Of course I'll sign it and send it right back. I'm honoured to be asked. I can have James Morton sign it as well, if you like. He also works at this office.