Jambands.ca

Neil Young @ MASSEY HALL Nov 26, 27 & 29

Kanada Kev

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My student told me this story tonight:

Her friend owns a bookstore in Winnipeg. Neil Young is doing a book signing there. The friends mom went to school with Neil. After the signing she goes up to Neil and says, "You know my mom."

"What's her name?" Neil asks.

She tells him her mom's name and Neil says nothing for a moment. Then he looks at her and says quietly, "Are you one of mine?"

Talk about finding out too much about your mom!

i can't wait for us to get our CDs :)

if anyone doesn't have the original chrome dreams, here ya go :)

(uploaded in 2 different files)

http://fs03n3.sendspace.com/dl/04a89ff736c751a45256b1c917a753f0/46f6c97c1c0533ce/t242s3/Chrome%20Dreams%201.zip

http://fs09n1.sendspace.com/dl/0a15e21f5ebd09877ee993bb2b8e6823/46f6c99801ed0141/s1fzqp/Chrome%20Dreams%202.zip

--Tracklisting--

01. "Pocahontas" – 3:24

02. "Will To Love" – 7:11

03. "Star Of Bethlehem" – 2:42

04. "Like a Hurricane" – 8:14

05. "Too Far Gone" – 2:41

06. "Hold Back The Tears" – 5:16

07. "Homegrown" – 2:20

08. "Captain Kennedy" – 2:55

09. "Stringman" – 3:32

10. "Sedan Delivery" – 5:22

11. "Powderfinger" – 3:23

12. "Look Out For My Love" – 4:06

Yup, where you hear the crackling fire, etc. I downloaded this one a couple of years and have listened to it many times. Just love it!

http://jack.mauveweb.co.uk/artists/young/cdr.html

cdr.jpg

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams (Rust Edition)

Various Studio and Live - CD-R1 - TBA

Tracklist:

01. Pocahontas

02. Will To Love

03. Star Of Bethlehem

04. Like A Hurricane

05. Too Far Gone

06. Hold Back The Tears

07. Homegrown

08. Captain Kennedy

09. Stringman

10. Sedan Delivery

11. Powderfinger

12. Look Out For My Love

Bonus Tracks:

13. River Of Pride ('White Line', Unreleased Studio Version, 27 NOV 75)

14. Campaigner (Unedited, Unreleased Studio Version, Summer 1976)

15. No One Seems To Know (Live, Tokyo, Japan, 10 Mar 76)

16. Give Me Strength (Live, Chicago, IL, 15 Nov 76)

17. Peace Of Mind (Live, Chicago, IL, 15 Nov 76)

18. Human Highway (CSNY, Unreleased Studio Version, April 76)

Yup, where you hear the crackling fire, etc. I downloaded this one a couple of years and have listened to it many times. Just love it!

http://jack.mauveweb.co.uk/artists/young/cdr.html

cdr.jpg

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams (Rust Edition)

Various Studio and Live - CD-R1 - TBA

Tracklist:

01. Pocahontas

02. Will To Love

03. Star Of Bethlehem

04. Like A Hurricane

05. Too Far Gone

06. Hold Back The Tears

07. Homegrown

08. Captain Kennedy

09. Stringman

10. Sedan Delivery

11. Powderfinger

12. Look Out For My Love

Bonus Tracks:

13. River Of Pride ('White Line', Unreleased Studio Version, 27 NOV 75)

14. Campaigner (Unedited, Unreleased Studio Version, Summer 1976)

15. No One Seems To Know (Live, Tokyo, Japan, 10 Mar 76)

16. Give Me Strength (Live, Chicago, IL, 15 Nov 76)

17. Peace Of Mind (Live, Chicago, IL, 15 Nov 76)

18. Human Highway (CSNY, Unreleased Studio Version, April 76)

The 'Rust Edition' is my favourite out of three I've d/l over the last few years.

There is a lossless (SHN) version here for any interested.

Got the musictoday email detailing how to get the Chrome Dreams II cd. I bolded an interesting line....

Thank you for your order through Musictoday for the Neil Young Pre-order Ticket Package that includes his new album "Chrome Dreams II" out on October 23. Please follow the directions below to redeem your CD purchase and get the album on the 23rd. Pre-sale tickets will be shipped separately. Offer applies to on-line orders only.

Ticket purchases of 1 to 3 tickets per transaction will receive 1 copy of the CD (one unique code). Persons purchasing 4 tickets per transaction will receive 2 copies of the CD (two unique codes).

YOUR CODE(S) TO REDEEM YOUR NEIL YOUNG "CHROME DREAMS II" CD:

1. Go to http://repriserecords.com/neilyoungredeem to get your CD with your code provided in this e-mail.

2. Input the unique code found above into the box provided on the screen. Be sure to enter all of your information including your full and complete e-mail and mailing address

Each code is valid for ONE time use to redeem at http://repriserecords.com/neilyoungredeem

Each code is valid for ONE CD per order. Please repeat the process if you have an additional code.

Valid United States shipping addresses only.

Inquiries related to the ticket purchase can be directed to tix@musictoday.com

In order to receive your CD by October 23rd, this offer must be redeemed by October 9th, 2007 at 11:59 PM local time.

Thank you for using Musictoday

AD,

I guess it is kinda like how they f*&cked up the first onsale for Massey by not being able to process Canadian credit cards/addresses. I'm sure they'll work it out because there's gotta be a lot of Canadians ordering this way.

Just checked my email and I have 2 of these messages waiting for me (for 2 of my orders = 2 CDs i guess )

Edited by Guest

yeah no big deal. there's still a month before the cd is released. just thought it strange that they have this, even when we had to register at the canadian musictoday link (presumably for canadian dollars, and maybe the cd orders go to reprise canada, if that exists)

ive ordered things via MT in the past which supposedly came with free subscriptions to Rolling Stone, free calendars, etc. and they never arrived. this is the same company that requires you to create an entirely new account every time you order tickets or schwag from a different artist. simply put, MT doesnt have its act together. personally, I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for the CDs.

BTW, here is an email response from Music Today, which came 20 minutes after I emailed them.

Please enter your Canadian address. The CDs for Massey Hall customers are going to be shipped after all. We apologize for the confusion.

Alan

Ticketing Customer Service Department

Musictoday, LLC

The Artist/Fan Connection

www.musictoday.com

I just learned that Neil's wife, Peggy Young, just finished recording her own disc, and will be opening up the show at Massey Hall.

I've seen her sing duets with Neil a number of times. She has a nice enough voice. We'll see how good her solo stuff is. (Maybe she had some help writing it, by some old legendary songwriter or something. We can hope!)

Should be neat, anyway.

EDIT TO ADD:

[color:purple]I just thought about it, and I'll betcha he's just bringing his wife to open up, so he doesn't have to share any of that cash he's getting for those overpriced tickets with any musicians outside the family. ;)

Edited by Guest