Jambands.ca

Neil Young @ MASSEY HALL Nov 26, 27 & 29

Kanada Kev

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with ya on Ordinary People ... it's just killer. Love the horns.

The thing that I find different about this album (compared to the last few that he's released) is that it doesn't follow a theme and the songs don't really have any correlation with one another. Don't know if I really worded that correctly, but it's for sure different than say "Living With War" "Are You PAssionate" "Prairie Wind" "Greendale", etc.

The songs are growing on me.

For a man whose hair usually looks windblown and whose shirt is perpetually untucked, Mr. Young is surprisingly persnickety. He chose every theater on this tour. “I want to control the environment,†he said. “They have to be auditoriums. The audio part is very important. I prefer that they be old. I prefer that they be in cities. I prefer that the outside elements are totally blocked out. There’s no sunshine coming in through a window; I don’t want any of that. I don’t want to have anything to do with the real world while you’re in there. It’s not where we’re going.â€

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/arts/music/28pare.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5087&em&en=7a8153dc56d96efa&ex=1193803200