Neil Young @ MASSEY HALL Nov 26, 27 & 29

Kanada Kev

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Un-fucking-real.

We got some really good pics (I think) from the third row - I'm sure Julia will post them when she uploads them from her camera.

Great to see AD, secondtube, Velvet, phorbesie, Marky and Weirdness. Wish we had more time to hang, but tonight was all about Neil.

I'll trust someone else to post the setlist.

Opps here's the setlist

Neil Young

Massey Hall (Night 1)

Monday November 26, 2007.

Start Time 8:37pm

Set 1

1. From Hank to Hendrix

2. Ambulance Blues

3. Sad Movies

4. A Man Needs a Maid

5. No One Seems to Know

6. Harvest

7. Journey Through the Past

8. Mellow My Mind

9. Love Art Blues

10. Cowgirl in the Sand

11. Old Man

End time 9:32pm (55 minute set)

Set II

Start time 9:57pm

12. The Loner

13. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

14. Dirty Old Man

15. Spirit Road

16. Bad Fog of Loneliness

17. Winterlong

18. Oh Lonesome Me

19. The Believer

20. No Hidden Path

10:53 off 10:56 on

Encore

21. Cinnamon Girl

22. Like a Hurricane

End time 11:10 (1 hour and 13 minute set)

It was nice to meet you Kanada Kev and it was good to see you again Marky.

See you all again tomorrow.

Tim

Thank you Neil!

That show was AMAZING. Worth every penny spent. I am soooo stoked to be going back again tomorrow night.

Neil is in fine form both musically and in his singing.

After listening to a lot of Neil over the past few weeks, and a lot of the Live From Massey Hall '71 it was VERY nice to hear Journey Through The Past. A definite highlight ... and I'm really glad you got it TimmyB. Also, Neils jamming on No Hidden Place was fucking classic.

Great meeting you TimmyB. Sorry I didn't get to see some of the other Skanks ... maybe tomorrow. I did see Basher down the row from me and your pics should look awesome from where you guys were :)

I'm outta work at 4:15 tomorrow and heading straight to The Library for some pints (upstairs at the Imperial Pub).

http://www.imperialpub.com/

They've got a great outdoor patio where they don't seem to mind people "smoking" either ;) at least when I've been there before .

> 11-27-2007

> > Massey Hall

> > Toronto, Ontario

> >

> > 1. Hank to Hendrix

> > 2. Ambulance Blues

> > 3. Sad Movies

> > 4. A Man Needs A Maid

> > 5. Try

> > Harvest (aborted)

> > 6. No One Seems to Know

> > 7. Harvest

> > 8. After the Gold Rush

> > 9. Mellow My Mind

> > 10. Love Art Blues

> > 11. Heart of Gold

> > 12. Cowgirl in the Sand

> > -------------------------------------------------

> > 13. The Loner

> > 14. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

> > 15. Dirty Old Man

> > 16. Spirit Road

> > 17. Bad Fog of Loneliness

> > 18. Winterlong

> > 19. Oh Lonesome Me

> > 20. The Believer

> > 21. No Hidden Path

> > -------------------------------------------

> > (Encore)

> >

> > 22. Cinnamon Girl

> > Cortez the Killer (aborted)

> > 23. Cortez the Killer

> >

> > _______________________________________

> >

haven't been online but WOW! last night was incredible. i was way impressed with show #2. though journey thru the past on monday was absolutely unreal. but last night...wow. neil was rockin out.

my little review from monday for those not seeing him this time around (warning thursday showgoers, contains spoilers)

although rainy we had a great drive to toronto. got to the hotel around 4 and it's just a 5 minute walk from massey hall. it rained all day.

i went to ginger 2 for an enormous bowl of chicken noodle soup and amazing spring rolls (thanks foodeeze peeps) and finally the time came to head to the show. caught most of pegi's set which was booooring but there was a buzz in the air and it didn't really matter. i was sitting up in the gallery which has the most uncomfortable seats but ended up sitting to quite a few people we knew.

the acoustic set was KILLER. and the stage was the coolest stage i've ever seen. it was set up like an old theatre, with lit-up letters hovering above the back and dusty props, among them many paintings. i can't describe it but it's just really cool. there were about 8 acoustics (some of which were easily 25000$ guitars) set up in a circle around a chair. in the back an old dude was painting canvases. the show started but the first few songs had latecomers and ushers interrupting them. i didn't mind since i get 3 shows but some other people around me were not pleased at having ushers checking the whole row's tickets during ambulance blues, which i can understand! after a few tunes on guitar he wandered around the stage looking lost and finally settled in at a funkily painted piano for a piano/synth man needs a maid. then wandered over to the upright. the highlight of the acoustic set was journey through the past, just incredible. after neil got up from the old upright piano he gave it an affectionate rub and smile. he dedicated the song to his grandmother who used to play the piano in the mining town where she lived. cowgirl in the sand was also a treat. not to mention the rare no one seems to know. second set was awesome. he tore no hidden path to shreds...felt like about 20 minutes for that one. after the show we went over to my friend ed's place and so excitedly talked and partied till around 4. didn't get much sleep as i woke up early with my cough.