Jambands.ca

Ryan Adams fall tour tracker

dave-O

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously people, don't yell anything. And if the idiot next to you is about to, poke him/ her in the ribs:

Man, I've been to about 13 shows since 2001 and I have only seen one show that was a semi-meltdown (Chicago Riveria show). That wasn't even that bad. I hope I just didn't jinx myself, but I have a feeling if I got a show like you did tonight I am going to be very dissappointed. That's why I prefer to go to more than one or two shows in a row because of that factor. However, for those of you in Maine...it's kinda hard to get to many shows. I can understand all the frustration. I hope Ryan feels better and to those who yell shit out:

SHUT THE FUCK UP

I've only yelled one thing and that was "way to go slider" at the louisville show, he nodded and ryan said, "yeah, yeah". That's because John was smokin' that night. But "Stairway to Freebird"? c'mon what stupid crap is that. I don't think that was from tonight, but still.

I am inclined to think he fights mental issues more than sickness/ addictons/ fervent fans.

Fack Trey freebased on the road for years, Jerry nodded off from time to time and of course Eddie Vedder drinks himself into oblivion and none of these guys pulled that kind of shit more than once or twice.........

I think he needs Zoloft more than speedballs.

Edited by Guest

where is everyone staying in montreal tomorrow?

I'm planning on either catching a ride, or taking the last (midnight) bus back. The theatre is spitting distance from the bus station, and I think recent shows have been ending reasonably early (11pm 2007-09-16, 10pm on 2007-09-17), so it should be workable. (I also just decided to take tomorrow off completely, head to Montreal in the afternoon, have dinner at Schwartz's, and stroll around until showtime. I'm also planning on recording it.)

Aloha,

Brad

As much as I kind of get a kick out of his mercurial temperament, it's beyond me why anyone should fear the wrath of an artist they're paying good money to see and support.

several fans of King Crimson told me that if someone yelled mid-song that there was a good chance Robert Fripp would get up and leave the stage, not to return... no soup for you

turned out had 2 20-year-olds sitting in front of me wearing Fripp shirts who kept jumping out of their seats non-stop shouting like it was their first time seeing the strippers... Fripp smiled a few times and played his ass off all night

now lobbing grapefruit at performers is a much more sure-fire method of getting a band off a stage

Sharon and I are going to dinner at Au Pied Du Cochon. It's been her dream for over a year. We're going for an early-ish dinner with hopes to meet up for a couple before-hand. If it happens on St.Denis, that's great as the restaurant is north of the theatre.

This place has a craxy ma-fuckin' quebecois/french menu man. Foie Gras seems to dominate the pages.

now lobbing grapefruit at performers is a much more sure-fire method of getting a band off a stage

not so ...

Joan Jett, CNE Stadium, Friday the 13th, August 1982 (Police Picnic)

pelted so badly, in fact, with dozens of Florida's other fruit (many injected with vodka, no doubt) that they stopped the show, the Q107 announcer came out and called us all assholes, and then joan did come back out to do a polite couple more songs ... and we behaved.

ah, those were the days when you could bring a cooler into to a concert. :D

s19820813-poster.jpg

(not shown, but surprise, last minute addition ... Talking Heads)

If this Adams fellow pulls any of this stupid nonsense I will be severely pissed....At the first note/sign of any retardedness, I will be in a cab faster than you can say "intergalactic" to see the Beasties.

This will be my first Ryan show, I need to be impressed, or I will not buy any of his albums.

Northern Wish came up with a good spot...

http://www.pubsaint-ciboire.com/

I'll want burger/fries/beer!!!

Stephie will have her cell phone...PM for a number if you want.

Northern Wish came up with a good spot...

http://www.pubsaint-ciboire.com/

I'll want burger/fries/beer!!!

Their beer selection is off the freakin' hook (e.g., Unibroue Ephemere and Coup De Grisou on tap), but I can't find any indication that they serve food (their "Nos Produits" page lists only beers, not food items). (If I knew they had even just sandwiches, I'd be there for dinner for sure.)

Aloha,

Brad