Jambands.ca

The Amero. Is it coming?

bouche

All the pieces are coming together.

If President Bush had run openly in 2004 on the proposition that a prime objective of his second term was to form the North American Union and to supplant the dollar with the “Amero,” we doubt very much that President Bush would have carried Ohio, let alone half of the Red State majority he needed to win re-election. Pursuing any plan that would legalize the conservatively estimated 12 million illegal aliens now in the United States could well spell election disaster for the Republican Party in 2006, especially for the House of Representative where every seat is up for grabs

There was a section in Zeitgeist (fast forward the beginning images if you're sensitive to gorey reality) that mentions the Amero and a unified dollar with US, Canada and Mexico. Along with the narrative that points at how the economy is directed by a few people and the US dollar value can be manipulated by these people, the current buck's parity is fulfilling these suggestions.

20AmeroCoin.jpg

You know what pisses me off about these ameros?

Anyone notice the blatant USA symbology on the coins? its as if canada and mexico don;t have a say in how they look. its all liberty this, and eagles that.

just another way that the USA runs things or wants to.

You know this doesn't exist yet, right?

You know what pisses me off about these ameros?

Anyone notice the blatant USA symbology on the coins? its as if canada and mexico don;t have a say in how they look. its all liberty this' date=' and eagles that.

just another way that the USA runs things or wants to.[/quote']

You know this doesn't exist yet, right?

yet? ;)

strange. that "amero" site is blocked at our work. why on earth would they block that?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp

[color:red][edit to add]

Makes me wonder how legit the info is' date=' after the [strike']censored edited wiki entries story. Usually snopes is or at least seems somewhat reliable.

the "amero" is brought to you by the same people that designed colorado's "new" quarter.

co_fake_pr_448.jpg

or maine's.

me_fake_pr_448.jpg

If our dollar is now the same' date=' why is there still an american and canadian price on magazines and books, I smell a conspiracy...[/quote']

It's got nothing to do with exchange rates. Canada places huge tariffs on books.

I bought a mug at Starbucks (yeah, I know, boooo, hiss, screw you) a couple of months ago. The pricetag said $US 10.50 / $Cdn 14.50, but they only charged me $Cdn 12.50. I paid and hightailed it outta there thinking they'd made a mistake ... Start the Car! ... Turns out a large number of retailers are automatically adjusting their price differentials and there was an article in the Globe about it last week (looked, can't find it). Some greeting card stores are now actually charging the US price in Canada.

The pricetag said $US 10.50 / $Cdn 14.50

Dude, you were going to pay $14.50 for a mug? ;)

For all the talk of parity, we're still having to eat 2-2.5% exchange costs, even when the loonie is above the dollar. Bullshit. Can't win on any side of the hundred cent mark.

I'm digging these class action suits re: disparity of pricing though. Us canucks have been getting killed here for awhile in ways that 'dollar volatility' hasn't been adequate to explain for some time. Look at electronics .. 'tis crazy.

• 2 weeks later...