Jambands.ca

Akron/Family in Guelph & Ottawa this week.

DevO

Just a heads up that Akron/Family, who were robbed in Toronto last night, are playing tonight in Guelph and tomorrow in Ottawa. I missed last night's show for Cinematic Orchestra but I sure would've liked to see 'em play.

09-25 Guelph, Ontario - Vinyl

09-26 Ottawa, Ontario - Barrymore's Music Hall

and

10-18 Vancouver, British Columbia - Richard's on Richards

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too hard to describe. Go and see for yourself if you like it or not. They're all different genres / styles, so if you don't like one band you might love the next.

I think Greenfield Main and Ukrainia! would go over best with the people on this board.

I love this band. Barrymore's seems like way too big a venue for them though.

That's part of the reason I'm skipping this one tonight. If they were at a smaller venue with one opening act, I'd be there for sure, but at Barrymore's with three opening acts, I can see myself not enjoying myself for a lot of the night (especially given it's a mid-week show).

Aloha,

Brad

If they were at a smaller venue with one opening act, I'd be there for sure, but at Barrymore's with three opening acts, I can see myself not enjoying myself for a lot of the night

According to your signature, if you listen to the music you'll enjoy yourself.

Think they'll return soon under different circumstances?

I'll tell you after I wang-dang-doodle my way into a conversation with one of them tonight.

All I know is the last time they played here was pretty much a year ago and before that it was something like 6-8 months since they had been here. So, I cant see it being any time soon.

Yeah, going to see a great band at a great venue definitely sucks.

?

Didn't AD already solve your problem by recommending good bands playing for free next door?

A/F is by far the most engaging new band I've seen in years, I pity the fool that misses out whenever they're within striking distance.