Jambands.ca

Amy Winehouse busted

DevO

Amy Winehouse arrested for marijuana possession

Associated Press

October 19, 2007 at 6:26 AM EDT

OSLO — British singer-songwriter Amy Winehouse was arrested in Norway for marijuana possession and held overnight, a police official said Friday.

Winehouse, her husband Blake Fielder-Civil and a third person were released at around 7:00 a.m. Friday after paying $715 in fines, prosecutor Lars Morten Lothe said.

The trio were arrested shortly after 6 p.m. at a hotel in Bergen in southwestern Norway, where Winehouse is on a European tour, after a tip to police.

“They were found with seven grams (about 1/4-ounce)of marijuana,†Lothe said. “She's paid the fine, so this thing is over for us now.â€

Winehouse was to perform in Oslo Saturday, before heading to the Netherlands on Monday.

Winehouse made her U.S. debut this year with the acclaimed album Back to Black, but her celebrity has been fuelled by her tabloid image as well as her talent. She's spoken openly about her battles with drugs and her penchant for alcohol and marijuana, and her hit single Rehab is an autobiographical tale of her resistance to being pushed to go to rehab: “They tried to make me go to rehab, but I said no, no, no.â€

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20071019.wwinehouse1019/BNStory/Entertainment/home

She could use all the munchies she can get ... damn she's sickeningly skinny :P Let her smoke her weed Norway ... at least she'll be in Holland tomorrow and there will be NO temptations for her there

Speaking of Munchies I have had the biggest craving for Chicken Wings the last couple days and Cheetos Crunchy!

You need wings? Go to Bistro on Avenue' date=' or any of the St. Louis' franchises for some of the best (and the garlic dip for the fries rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Damn, i could go for those now, but i'd barf playing hockey tonight :P [/quote']

Side issue : where is the best place to get wings in Ottawa?

Best I have had so far is the Clocktower. Mmm Cajun dry rub!