Jambands.ca

McCartney gets baked at Zeppelin

Hux

Atta boyeeeee!! No more ball and chain! Giv'er Macca!

1941FB41-914F-3F9C-EA2BFF6BE8A20F6A.jpg

What was Macca smoking?

We know celebrities sometimes bend the rules - but if you're Paul McCartney you can get away with any thing.

The Beatles legend was spotted with what seemed to be a, er, herbal roll-up, but discreet staff turned a blind eye as Macca, 65, puffed away.

One over-zealous worker gushed: "Don't worry, you're a legend." Earlier that evening he'd decided he needed a swift drink - or two - and rocked up to the bar where he ordered two pints just 15 minutes before the opening number. It's a miracle he got served though - we're told staff were instructed not to speak to him.

His daughters Stella and Mary and comic Vic Reeves kept him company until he finished.

You lay off the pipe and do some auditory research ya stoner!

Get off the pipe man. Wings have one good album. All you need is "Band on the Run." A good album but hardly a legacy.

I dunno either I think sir Paul is out of creative gas as it were. His last album was an embarassment from what I heard.

Red Rose Speedway

Venus and Mars

Wings at the Speed of Sound

London Town

Back To The Egg

all of these albums have some of the best song writing throughout the discography.

Get it all live with one of the best live rock albums ever "Wings Over America".

Don't forget the best James Bond Theme ever was by the Wings "Live and Let Die".

GOSH!

I hope so - I'd go to a Wings reunion before a Zeppelin reunion.

Get off the pipe man. Wings have one good album. All you need is "Band on the Run." A good album but hardly a legacy.

I dunno either I think sir Paul is out of creative gas as it were. His last album was an embarassment from what I heard.

From what I've heard I wouldn't disagree with you about his most recent album or albums' date=' but if we're talking Wings we're talking 1971-79, how's this for a legacy....

[b']During its life, Wings had 12 top-10 singles in the UK and 14 top-10 singles (including six #1s) in the US. All 23 singles credited to Wings reached the US Top 40. Wings had only one fewer #1 single in the US than John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr combined in their post-Beatle careers. Of the nine albums credited to Wings at the time, all went top 10 in either the UK or US, with five consecutive #1s in the US.

Wings' 1977 single, "Mull of Kintyre"/"Girls School" is still the biggest-selling non-charity single in the UK (although Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" sold more, its sales include a reissue in aid of the Terrence Higgins Trust) and it ranked fourth in the official list of best selling singles in the UK issued in 2002.

Band on the Run is good but it's too short IMO.

Here are my favourite Wings albums:

1. London Town

2. Ram

3. Band on the Run

4. Red Rose Speedway

5. Venus and Mars

6. Back to the Egg