Jambands.ca

Phish Poll #2: Divided Sky?

FunkyBeats

Divided Sky doesn't have room in it to vary much from version to version. I can't think of any examples where they use the improvisational sections to step into 'Type II' spaces. Also, I don't know how well the silent jam translates to tape.

I'd say the studio version is the benchmark.

Pick another tune Funky Beats. I would recommend a Tube following YEM but whatever. We are all our own people.

But trust MK and me. The 'pregnant pause' or whatever it is called is going to SUUUUUUUCK on tape. The Gorge in 1998 almost made me and DogAtTheStation come to fisticuffs. We argued about one song. ONE Phish song in 2 days in desert-like conditions with everything else going on. That Divided Sky was fUcKing wicked to watch but not the best to listen to if you are trying to make a tape. Phorbesie is right. The sky makes The-Sky.

It's that kinda song. You would be better off following YEM with Trey covering Row Jimmy and that is sad when you think about it.

But trust MK and me. The 'pregnant pause' or whatever it is called is going to SUUUUUUUCK on tape. The Gorge in 1998 almost made me and DogAtTheStation come to fisticuffs. We argued about one song. ONE Phish song in 2 days in desert-like conditions with everything else going on. That Divided Sky was fUcKing wicked to watch but not the best to listen to if you are trying to make a tape.

It probably didn't help me that one point during the madness in the desert, I was seriously contemplating that if I put my mind to it I could probably "fly" right over the Gorge..

I think someone spiked my mushrooms!!