Jambands.ca

Sirius Radio

afro poppa

I must confess that I listen to Howard Stern's 100 the most out of all the channels.

I used to love being able to listen online as well, but I think it is now blocked on my work's network. I can't seem to get it anymore. I'd just put on my headphones and stream like craxy.

Left of Center 26 is a good channel and so is Springsteen's 10.

Jam On 17 gets repetitive. Wank Wank Wank....repeat. They are the only channel that plays killer Phish though. The dead's channel pisses me off because there isn't enough JGB, or any at all for that matter. I don't think I've heard one JGB or Legions of Mary tune. Also, everytime I turn it on it's fucking Weir doing something gay like "Hell in a Bucket" or "Looks Like it's Raining Men" or whatever that gay song is called.

im new to the gd channel so ive yet had time for it to piss me off haha but i think itll be hard for me anyway

yea i remember the jam on station getting quite repetitive the first time around i had sirius...i love the classic rock, coffee house, and jazz stations...theres so much music that one should never complain of anything being repetitive...just switch to one of the other 140 some odd channels :)

my toppers:

100/101 - Howard 100/101

94 - CBC3

26 - Left of Center

22 - First Wave

93 - Bandeparte

07 - 70s

32 - Grateful Dead

but in any given week, i could spend time on over a dozen channels ... (my guilty pleasure was 02 - Christmas tunes over the Holidays).

I would go crazy if I had to listen to testicular radio again.

Baj and I just got one for Christmas, and we LOVE it!

The Grateful Dead channel has yet to piss me off, but I have noticed an overflow of Bobby songs.. We have heard some wicked JGB and Legion of Mary, but that's probably because we had it on the GD Channel almost constantly on our 20+ hour drive back from Kentucky..

Jam On hasn't really excited me, there's way too much Dave Matthews Band for my liking.. But every once in a while I'll hear something great..

I love Buzzsaw and ClassicVinyl.. They play lots of the Who for me!

Of course, the Bluegrass station is AWESOME!! They have 2 Newgrass nights and play stuff like Yonder! (Tuesday and Saturday nights) I also love the program put on by Del McCoury, he plays lots of Bill Monroe and other Kentucky good ole boys!!

Yay for Sirius!

we got the Sirius Factory installed in the Grand Caravan last summer. Sucks that there is no text display pfft. Bought the Starmate 4 for my work car, and I move that unit to the van when the family goes out simply so I can get the reminders and see what I am listening to. Jenn was streaming online but the micro zapper would kill the WiFi stream to the stereo so I bought her the Conductor for the house.

img4396331.jpg

That my Sirius listening friends is the bees knees for home systems as far as I am concerned. Comes with a fantastic learning remote that shows the artist and song on the remotes display. Great for being a couch junkie. I do find however that I use it like the TV remote and surf constantly through the channels looking for something else to listen to. The best is you can use it anywhere, it doesn't need line of sight to the head unit which is tiny.

Howard 100 is for the car on my own or at work. With 2 boys under 2 learning to talk there are a few words that I could do without them learning at this age. The History of Howard over the holidays was GREAT.

Other than that its GD, Coffee House, First Wave, Jam-On, The Blues, Reggae Riddim has heavy heavy rotation and whatever else our hearts desire. Living in the near north I love my Sirius. We have 3 subscriptions.

Edited by Guest

OMG, they actually make a remote with song display? Well, there goes my New Years Resolution to lose 10 lbs. ;)

Cdn subscription rates - $14.99/month, $7.99 each additional radio.

US subscription rates - $12.95/month, $6.99 each additional radio

(longer term plans can reduce rates)

They are like cellphones, where you must link a subscription to a specific receiver. For each subscription you get one active receiver, and one online log-in. You would need two subscriptions if you wanted it in two cars (at the same time). We have three subscriptions (two for us and one for mom), so we pay $US12.95, plus 2 x $US6.99 = $US27/month. We have two portable receivers that can be brought into the house from the car, so as long as one car is "home", that reciever can be brought inside the house to play.

If you buy a new car, the radio is permanently built into the car, and cannot be brought inside the house.

Is there anyway for someone who already has a sub to sign up someone else for the half price sub?

Oh, scam alert!

absolutely. mom has hers on our account. once the account is set-up, the additional radios can be physically located anywhere. personally, i wouldnt trust a single skank here to actually pay me the monthly fee, though, so dont nobody ask me! hehe ;)

I got one for Todd for Christmas too.

He's been loving it so far.

Aside from the music selection, he's a bit of a news junky too, so it's nice to have some broader selection there.

Anyone know how the boombox option works? Does it have a built-in receiver of it's own, or is it connected to the receiver that is in the vehicle? It would be nice to have the option of having Sirius available both at home, and at the cottage.

Sara,

What you do with the boombox is you take the Head Unit out of the car. And then put it in the boombox. It is sort of like and iPod Speaker Dock per se. You can go ahead and buy another receiver for it if you want but then you will have to pay for another subscription. The easiest thing at home is to use the online streaming which you are entitled to as a subscriber.

The quality isnt great but it does work. I use a program on the Mac called StarPlayr. I'm sure there are Windows equivalents. You can always stream via the SiriusCanada website anyhow.

BTW, I finally found some of the CD's, not many mind you maybe 10 or 15. I haven't counted. Ill take another peek for the stickers and then send me on the way to you guys. Happy New Year 08 will be grand for you guys.

If you dig da jazz and your a big ol' bobby short shorts fan tonights yo night:

Bob Weir Hosts An Hour Of Jazz

Tonight 8:00 pm ET

Every once on a while, members of the Grateful Dead like to hop on the mic and take over the SIRIUS airwaves on The Grateful Dead Channel…after all, it is their channel! Bob Weir is kicking off his 2008 by dropping by with some of his favorite tunes. He’s done a set of country-flavored music, as well as a show focused on Bob Dylan…and this time, he’s "jazzing" it up a bit! He’ll play about an hour of some of his favorite jazz musicians, composers and singers that influenced him in the Grateful Dead. Don’t miss it!

bshorts1.jpg

They been playin some good ratdog today leading up to tonight ;)

You know, if you buy a new Ford they come with Sirius receivers installed and six months pre-paid subscription...and Rangers are back to 0% purchase financing on three, four or five years. Want a nice new truck that's good on gas for a great deal? I'm super happy they're back to zero percent. I love Rangers.

Sorry, I'll stop spamming now, I couldn't resist adding to this thread any longer.

Cheers!

-Lexi

Sara,

What you do with the boombox is you take the Head Unit out of the car. And then put it in the boombox. It is sort of like and iPod Speaker Dock per se. You can go ahead and buy another receiver for it if you want but then you will have to pay for another subscription. The easiest thing at home is to use the online streaming which you are entitled to as a subscriber.

The quality isnt great but it does work. I use a program on the Mac called StarPlayr. I'm sure there are Windows equivalents. You can always stream via the SiriusCanada website anyhow.

BTW, I finally found some of the CD's, not many mind you maybe 10 or 15. I haven't counted. Ill take another peek for the stickers and then send me on the way to you guys. Happy New Year 08 will be grand for you guys.

Thanks for the info. Avoiding to pay for another subscription was definitely what I was hoping for.

THanks for the well-wishes also! I'm sure you know all too well what will be in store for us for 2008! We're getting extremely excited as we have less than four weeks to go before the big due date! Maybe we'll have to get the little ones together for a little family friendly shaker around a campfire sometime in the near future. I know Todd would love to catch up with you guys.

Cheers,

sara

If you dig da jazz and your a big ol' bobby short shorts fan tonights yo night:

Does anyone know what jazz Bobby played?

it's being re-broadcast tonight

Bob Weir Bob Weir Hosts An Hour Of Jazz

1/18 midnight & 4 pm ET

Every once on a while' date=' members of the Grateful Dead like to hop on the mic and take over the SIRIUS airwaves on The Grateful Dead Channel…after all, it is their channel! Bob Weir is kicking off his 2008 by dropping by with some of his favorite tunes. He’s done a set of country-flavored music, as well as a show focused on Bob Dylan…and this time, he’s "jazzing" it up a bit! He’ll play about an hour of some of his favorite jazz musicians, composers and singers that influenced him in the Grateful Dead. Don’t miss it!

Rebroadcast: Sat., Jan. 19th @ 4 pm ET; Sun., Jan. 20th @ 10 am ET.

The Grateful Dead Channel [b']Tales From the Golden Road [color:red]New Show Debut!

Sun 1/20 4:00 pm ET

Wanna talk about the Grateful Dead? Join in a live on-air chat session called Tales from the Golden Road! Once a month, Dead experts David Gans and Gary Lambert host a show about a cool topic from the Dead’s history. There’ll be exclusive stories, great jams, and special guests including the band members themselves!

Rebroadcast: Monday Jan. 21st at 10 am ET, Tuesday Jan. 22nd at 1 pm ET and Saturday Jan. 26th at 5 pm ET

Any good promos out there lately?

for those who don't have sirius, there are 3 day trials available for free on their website

free trial

groovin' to Pigpen singin' It Hurts Me Too at the moment... :thumbup: