Jambands.ca

A Rant: How does Keller Williams even have a career?

MarcO

This is a rant. Gotta get it off my chest. I'm not trying to be reasonable by any means.

This station I listen to keeps playing "Breathe" from his new magnum opus, backed by SCI. Everything about it just sucks. It makes the Pet Shop Boys sound like Motorhead. It's the musical equivalent of a water cracker, just thin, shallow, tasteless, mundane pap.

Shouldn't he really just be hosting Tuesday night open-mic jams at the local Boston Pizza? Do people really enjoy drugs this much?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco, I saw Keller Williams at Bluesfest a few years ago and I rather enjoyed the show. It was interesting to see one person make all that noise. I could never see another show, once is all you need.

I find his music generally unlistenable. It was a nice visual that one time, but I really have to change the channel fast whenever Sirius Jam On plays him (which is too often).

I can see he's got some talent but Keller Williams = Blechy Music.

... but I really have to change the channel fast whenever Sirius Jam On plays him (which is too often).

ah ha ha, It's at this point I often find myself looking at the Sirius thinking to myself WTF is this crap and am reminded about Keller.

I don't mind his Panic covers mind you but that Tweaker under the Speaker has to go.

I think he has retired as a solo act for now and now tours as a band with Keith Mosely, Jeff Sipe, and Gibb Droll. I haven't heard much of their stuff but heave heard positive reviews..

If he was really that horrible why would YMSB & Umphrey's McGee tour and play with him constantly? He had surpassed String Cheese before they broke up.

Take the looping & effects away and he can play guitar better than most acoustic players. I have never heard any of his albums but he is years ahead of a lot of players.

Freaker? Any thoughts.

True. And I find that his stuff with the loops is amazing too, a little repetitive though, it's almost like every song is an abstract version of the last one...ever hear the song Airport?

I took some acid once and listened to Keller - it's the only time I actually "got" him. Never before, never since.

I don't even go up to see him at festivals anymore. Just stay at the campsite and enjoy the activities there. Used to go up and see him but always found myself wandering around Shakedown after about 3-4 songs.

As a guitar player - out of this world!!

As a songwriter - "meh" at best

If you want to listen to some good Keller listen to Keller and the Keels. BEAUTIFUL!!