Jambands.ca

A Rant: How does Keller Williams even have a career?

MarcO

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You either get him or you don't.

I LOVE Keller and most all of his side projects and sit ins !!! Pure FUN.

Really want to catch a WMDS show bad, love what they got goin' on ;)

I'm currently downloading a WMDs DVD from Tradersden right now that is a 3 camera production. Unfortunately there is one or two seeders and it is taking weeks to get this. If I do eventually get it I'll mail you a copy Baj.

Other than the odd solo show it seems he is moving in this direction for 2008 anyway.

I like the odd Keller tune popping up in the shuffle once in a while, sure why not? "Dogs" is a pretty cool tune, there's a couple other good ones.

One thing about Keller, you know who it is when it comes on. He has a pretty unique style that's his own, like it or not.

I'm currently downloading a WMDs DVD from Tradersden right now that is a 3 camera production. Unfortunately there is one or two seeders and it is taking weeks to get this. If I do eventually get it I'll mail you a copy Baj.

Other than the odd solo show it seems he is moving in this direction for 2008 anyway.

That would be freekIN brillant...if you do I will not rest till your precious partyin' kermit is hunted down ;)

I have to agree. Keller Williams while he has a niche is a little mundane and balless at times. Very whitebread.

He doesn't light my fire in the slightest.

Balless ??? I guess your meaning of that and mine are complete opposite... I would definately not call any one man band balless...imo being a one man band would take massive balls,period.

Keller = Gimmick

Again, I'm confused here, a one man band being able to play every instrument on stage, mixing and looping them while also making up his own vocal instrument sounds, beatboxing, freestyling on the fly, and always a very intertaining stage presence a Gimmick ???

I don't know Keller's music at all, but looping and use of multi-samples is gimmicky, but it doesn't matter as long as you can write and deliver good songs. Keller isn't the only artist that uses loops and samples as a solo device and in innovative ways, but he's the only one that I can think of that is doing it in this "scene".

How does MarcO even have a girlfriend?

Do I have to drive up to Ottawa to kick you in the nuts personally or can someone there please do it for me asap!!!!! I'm serious here folks!

The Booche in print isn't the same Booche on the phone or in person. It's tough to separate the two sometimes, lord knows it's tough, but I doubt he meant what he said; not that he'd admit it here. I'm sure he'll rip me now.

I think he could make a living as an acoustic guitar player and the loops and effects help him to be more creative and stand out from the standard singer songwriter set.

There are acoustic shows available from before he started looping and more recently when he leaves the loops at home that are amazing.

I far, far, FAR better singer songwriter who did the whole loop thingy is Joseph Arthur. I'm not sure if he still does that or not - maybe he tours with a band now - but I saw him do a few solo shows about eight years ago and he was awesome. Why? His songs were light years better than Keller's.

Songs, songs, songs - it's all about the songs.

Do I have to drive up to Ottawa to kick you in the nuts personally or can someone there please do it for me asap!!!!! I'm serious here folks!

I like it when people use the term asap. It reminds me of an office environment.---now that's fun.

The Booche in print isn't the same Booche on the phone or in person. It's tough to separate the two sometimes' date=' lord knows it's tough, but I doubt he meant what he said; not that he'd admit it here. I'm sure he'll rip me now.

[/quote']

I'm just pissed because he truly wants to get with my boyfriend.

I think he could make a living as an acoustic guitar player and the loops and effects help him to be more creative and stand out from the standard singer songwriter set.

There are acoustic shows available from before he started looping and more recently when he leaves the loops at home that are amazing.

I far' date=' far, FAR better singer songwriter who did the whole loop thingy is Joseph Arthur. I'm not sure if he still does that or not - maybe he tours with a band now - but I saw him do a few solo shows about eight years ago and he was awesome. Why? His songs were light years better than Keller's.

Songs, songs, songs - it's all about the songs.

[/quote']

if i want looping and acoustic guitar, bruce cockburn does me just fine. better songs too.

i do like some of keller's covers, and the gatecrasher song makes me laugh when i hear it...but i might just be getting crochety too.