Jambands.ca

A Rant: How does Keller Williams even have a career?

MarcO

The set he did with Umphrey's in Toronto a few years ago is a real comfort food show for me, I can put it on any time and I am cheered immensely. Having said that, I haven't felt the urge to put on any of the other shows of his I have in a long time. No big "I don't like him anymore" moment, I just haven't felt like listening to him. Of course, I could say the same thing about Phish ...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<------ I added a Keller Williams hype machine blogroll on the left so y'all can take this up a notch. Any thoughts on any of these hosted tracks?

I must say, I most enjoy him when he does covers. I don't like his own tunes. The Sultans of Swing is an interesting track. I haven't heard that before.

Thanks !!! :content: happily listening

I've only seen Keller live once, and it was this past summer at Gratefulfest. I went in with big expectations, but overall I would have to say that I was pretty bored. Meh.

I would give him another chance, but would much prefer to see a stripped down, acoustic show.

I echo MarcO's echo of Hamilton's point.

that damn song is on the radio again and it's not getting any better. This is the musical equivalent of a wet, moist paper towel.

He might have more talent than some other people but that doesn't make this pap remotely interesting, memorable or listenable. Maybe he can run rings around some other guitar players but when the songs are this vapid, who could possibly care?

"Time to invest in an airtank or snorkle...."

good Lord!

No wonder people seem to prefer his doing covers.

This is the musical equivalent of a wet, moist paper towel.

I love you?

Although, have to say, I have enjoyed Keller shows in the past. Have never heard any of the studio material and wouldn't make a trip out to see him just to see him, but a fun time as a diversion at festivals and such. And the chicks really seem to dig him, so he can't be doing it all wrong.

I saw Keller for the first time about five or six years ago in Vancouver at Richards on Richards and fack me was it ever a good time. Mind you it could have been the two and half bottles of red wine i consumed up on the balcony, but whatever.

I've only seen him once since at the Umphrey's Chicago new years party and could have napped through his entire performance. booooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg.