Jambands.ca

Jebus. Be careful out there today.

Patchoulia

Winter doesn't bother me..I mean, I hate the cold, but whatever, it *is* Canada...what bothers me is how the freaks in this city behave when it snows. Which is why I say "be careful"--gotta watch out for all the douchebags who behave (drive, walk) as if they don't know what snow & ice means...

ha haaa my stupid radio station did not mention that schools were closed today. Sooo I got up and started to get ready.. and made it out the door in time and stuff. As I am walking, I see someone I know who then tells me all schools are closed!!!! (I am doing a placement in an elementary school right now...) Well... I am now in my pjs and chillaxing!!

Woooohoo who doesn't love a good snow day!

they never close the schools in Ottawa any more (I assume they did many years ago, but not since I've lived here in 2001). They do cancel the school buses though, like they did this AM b4 the snow had even started. Makes things tough for those parents who are teachers to coordinate things though.

It's not the weather that makes us stay home, it's the roads. Commuting in weather like this on highways is stupid and dangerous. A day's pay, or any kind of hero factor is not worth the repair bills to my car, or to myself. Yes, I'm feeling guilty for calling in.

I swear, the next pedestrian that steps in front of me when there is less than fifteen feet between us I'm speeding up to ensure that I hit them very hard. I've also installed rusty nails pointing outwards on my front bumper, which I dipped in Hepatitis C infected blood.

Just because I have four wheel drive doesn't mean I have a magic snow car that makes it like driving in July. It means I can get through big drifts, not stop super quick. I really think I'd be doing the human race a favour by getting the genetic code of the stupid out of the gene pool.

P.S. I love the phrase 'rampant asshattery'. Good work!

hmmmmm, i think most people are simply commenting on the weather, not whining about it. but hey, if my saying that the roads are slippery is whining, then so be it. ;)

i have a free day to do some painting, so im happy, and nothing y'all say will make me any less happy. :)

*ahem*

(Not anyone here in particular, just in general.)

Just because I have four wheel drive doesn't mean I have a magic snow car that makes it like driving in July. It means I can get through big drifts, not stop super quick. I really think I'd be doing the human race a favour by getting the genetic code of the stupid out of the gene pool.

How about you learn to operate your vehicle correctly and SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!

:)

Just because I have four wheel drive doesn't mean I have a magic snow car that makes it like driving in July. It means I can get through big drifts' date=' not stop super quick. I really think I'd be doing the human race a favour by getting the genetic code of the stupid out of the gene pool.[/quote']

How about you learn to operate your vehicle correctly and SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!

:)

I am operating my vehicle properly and forty kilometers and hour is pretty fucking slow, but if someone jumps out fifteen feet in front of me and I'm sliding on ice there's nothing I can do. I'm still speeding up and considering it a public service.

Look who's talking about old avatars...yer right up their with Bradm and Gentlemonkey

yes, but hers comes up as an image not found thing, at least on my computer. maybe it's just me.

i will win the longevity battle. bradm and monkeyman are older than me, and I shall prevail.

Made it through a whole day of driving around Hamilton, Oakville Brampton and Mississauga. I saw a ton of people spin out. Usually it was SUV drivers who only have front wheel drive! I also only have front wheel drive, but at least I am concious of it and drive accordingly. Dumb ass dudes in leased Sante Fe's passing when they shouldn't caused the majority of spin outs I witnessed. Fortunately I never saw anyone who looked hurt- a few dents and dings, but nothing serious.