Jambands.ca

Free Tapings in Toronto - MMJ, Stars, etc...

Basher

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toronto live music audience +

music industry douchebags (with requisite self-entitlement)

=

shitty lame audience for a kick ass rock band that deserves better.

*note to producers of show - if you want a good "live" music experience for a TV show - get FANS of the band to come out, not music industry assholes who are going because its "cool" and they can.

**note the people on the site are excluded from the above criticism as they are actually fans of the band/live music and the few in the audience who demonstrated actual enthusiasm.

I was one of those outside who almost got shut out, and worse, we were there at 7:45 with the 10-15 others and thought we had time for a pint. got back in line at 8:18 and almost didn't get in. thank god for sticking around and thanks to those who left, making it more reasonable for 23 people remaining to be admitted.

Dude from the Sault, I'm really sorry man. but if you drove 8 hours, maybe you should have stuck around a wee bit longer? I'm not trying to be an ass about it, and again, I'm really sorry, but 8 hours in a car for 30 minutes outside with a "chance" of getting in.....I was ready to leave thinking there was no way, but my friend insisted we stick around and holy fuck I'm glad we did.

wicked fucking show, and I thought the new material sounded way better than the SXSW show.

Dude from the Sault, I'm really sorry man. but if you drove 8 hours, maybe you should have stuck around a wee bit longer? I'm not trying to be an ass about it, and again, I'm really sorry, but 8 hours in a car for 30 minutes outside with a "chance" of getting in.....I was ready to leave thinking there was no way, but my friend insisted we stick around and holy fuck I'm glad we did.

Why is it that people feel the need to be " that ass" and make comments when they don't actually know the situation. Yes deranger, we did drive 8 hours to get to the show, yes we did only wait in line for 1/2 an hr to the point of being told they were not letting anyone else in. Im glad that because we left it helped you get in. We were exhausted so we left. Have we seen MMJ before? Yes. Will we see them again? Most likely. Did you know that the reason we drove 8 hrs back was because we actually live in Oshawa and was up in the Soo looking for an apartment to move to?

Glad you had a great show...

*note to producers of show - if you want a good "live" music experience for a TV show - get FANS of the band to come out, not music industry assholes who are going because its "cool" and they can.

hmmmmmmm, i saw a few guys who looked "industry", but the vast majority of people there seemed to be fans. perhaps I was either in a different area on the floor, deranger, or people just figured I too was industry. (being in my 40s and looking oh so sauve and debonair, im often confused for industry or narc ;) ).

Does anyone have the address for the venue? I need to figure out the best route from Collingwood. Thanks.

315 Queen Street East.

Basically, it's on the south side of Queen Street near Sherbourne. You can get to it from Lakeshore and/or The DVP (take the Richmond turnoff at the bottom of the DVP).

Dude from the Sault' date=' I'm really sorry man. but if you drove 8 hours, maybe you should have stuck around a wee bit longer? I'm not trying to be an ass about it, and again, I'm really sorry, but 8 hours in a car for 30 minutes outside with a "chance" of getting in.....I was ready to leave thinking there was no way, but my friend insisted we stick around and holy fuck I'm glad we did.

[/quote']

Why is it that people feel the need to be " that ass" and make comments when they don't actually know the situation. Yes deranger, we did drive 8 hours to get to the show, yes we did only wait in line for 1/2 an hr to the point of being told they were not letting anyone else in. Im glad that because we left it helped you get in. We were exhausted so we left. Have we seen MMJ before? Yes. Will we see them again? Most likely. Did you know that the reason we drove 8 hrs back was because we actually live in Oshawa and was up in the Soo looking for an apartment to move to?

Glad you had a great show...

You're right, I was not aware of the specifics of your situation and I apologize for making assumptions that were misguided. I was actually standing right next to you guys when you were yelling (legitimately) at the door people. So were you up in the Soo when the show was announced?

I would have rather you guys stuck it out and get in though, but I understand you were rightfully tired.

Edited by Guest

Toronto hipster snob douchebags almost ruin Toronto shows for me. SUCH a buzz kill. Nothing is worse than taking the average Indie show full of Indie snobs and hosting it in Toronto. Take your geographical superiority complex and go fack off! I'm nice to people from Petawawa to St. John's to friggin' Red Deer. They should try it too. Say hello and excuse me. They go a long way.

i think this would have ruined my week, forbin. (not intending to open a healing wound here, oops). i noticed how confused they were getting names from the lists, but just figured it was first night disorganization that would have worked itself out and gotten better through-out the week. i had no idea that anyone outside would not get in. sorry man. if its any consolation, thanks for taking one for the team to let the rest of us know that we'd better get our asses down there well before doors. cheers.

If you think you hate the odd Toronto indie snob at the MMJ show, just wait until you get a load of the folks attending the Yo La Tengo and Stars tapings.

*shudder* I don't think i'd subject myself to that... i saw the Stars this past Saturday in Pontiac and the Detroit indie kids were enough for me!

For what it's worth, i don't hate these people. I just don't understand their impersonal nature and frankly, don't like to surround myself with it. I can almost feel myself becoming cynical and I'm the furthest thing from cynical.

If you think you hate the odd Toronto indie snob at the MMJ show' date=' just wait until you get a load of the folks attending the Yo La Tengo and Stars tapings. [/quote']

*shudder* I don't think i'd subject myself to that... i saw the Stars this past Saturday in Pontiac and the Detroit indie kids were enough for me!

For what it's worth, i don't hate these people. I just don't understand their impersonal nature and frankly, don't like to surround myself with it. I can almost feel myself becoming cynical and I'm the furthest thing from cynical.

Reminds me of Phishheads.

I got the feeling last night that my wife and I were surrounded by people from this board. I am just basing this on the guys right behind us, one with a Grateful Dead shirt on, one of the women being named Marge, the tall dude with a cowboy shirt on behind us and the talk of Ottawa that we couldn't help but overhear

Hey, that's me! Thank Jebus I ran into Cully, and the Ottawa crew in line, or it sounds like I might not have got in. I gave the name Allison B__ with no ID and was good to go. Thanks Allison!!! Nice to almost meet you Palms. Next time feel free to introduce yourself (and yer wife).

Cheers!

Yes, thanks to all those that butted in line, it really helped the people that arrived before you.

No worries (for me) now as it all worked out (except for Bob), but if we were shut out (or stuck in the balcony with no sightlines) I'd be pretty angry at the people that did so.