Jambands.ca

The WORKS BBQ, Ottawa, May 30th, 11am-2pm

Cosmic ChrisC

I'm probably too late posting this, but here goes anyway:

May 30th is Food Aid Day!!!

May 20th, 2008 8:59am

That’s right folks, May 30th is Food Aid Day and this year, we are having one big chillin BBQ at Festival Plaza, City Hall. Rain or Shine, we are on site and Grilling with Style between 11am-2pm, The WORKS BBQ will take care of you! $10 will get you a Spectacular Food Aid Gourmet Burger, chips, a drink and a $5 off coupon for “Capital Beef†the second annual cookbook in support of Food Aid.

Food Aid day will have lots of entertainment with live music and even a two part celebrity milking competition, bet you thought you wouldn’t see that on your Friday lunch agenda! Remember, Food Aid is a program run by the Ottawa Food Bank to purchase and process beef from local farmers and help feed the needy in the community.

So step out of the confines of the Office building and out into the Fresh Air with Live Music, Killer Burgs and a whole lot of Bovine! Be sure to arrive early and treat yourself to a Stellar Friday Lunch.

I knew I shoulda posted this sooner, but I did post it as soon as I found out.

Ollie and them were already gone to Ahora on Dalhousie...they might have liked the burger thing too although the line-ups were probably insanely long and Ollie would have caused trouble. ;)

I work on St-Laurent boulevard; I feel so far from you guys downtown who go for fun lunches and 3:30 beers!

well they have your typical "veg" things like salads, fries, onion rings etc.

for burgers i know they have a portobello mushroom burger, but i've never tried it. i dunno if they have a veggie patty type burger. but whether they are cooking these up i know not since they seem to be emphasizing the "bovine" aspect!

i think The Works is bad. huge, overcooked burgers. it doesn't take 20 minutes to cook a burger! but it does there; even says so on the menu. wonder how that will fly at the bbq.

the sides are good, as are the milkshakes, but the real reason people go is the burgers, and they are bad.

they do have a veggie burger, along with the portobello cap. i don't know how it is.

They went to Ahora without me?!?!?!

I feel shunned.

payback for wednesday! :P

i think The Works is bad. huge, overcooked burgers. it doesn't take 20 minutes to cook a burger! but it does there; even says so on the menu. wonder how that will fly at the bbq.

the sides are good, as are the milkshakes, but the real reason people go is the burgers, and they are bad.

I agree. I don't believe in "the bigger the better" mantra when it comes to burgers. They are a pretty tasteless overcooked, and overlarge patty. The options are what set it apart.

I find The Works pretty much gross now.

Ollie and them were already gone to Ahora on Dalhousie...they might have liked the burger thing too although the line-ups were probably insanely long and Ollie would have caused trouble. ;)

What kind of trouble? :)

That's what I want to know.

I did get into an inteesting conversation with an insane man on the way to Ahora.

I've never been to The Works; everytime I tried to go, it would be full and there was no way I was gonna wait 20 minutes for a table. I don't wanna go there now tonight. I don't like big burgers and big portions. And I like simple burgers...don't care about choosing from millions of fancy toppings either.

The only reason we were gonna go there is just because we're going to an opening at Artguise gallery and the Works is right beside it. So...where else can we go around there then (590 Bank Street)? Something cheap, casual and quick.

I realize that this should have been posted in the Food Forum.

What kind of trouble? :)

Well, if the line-up would have been long, he would have started telling people how to do their jobs probably. Something like that. ;)

So...where else can we go around there then (590 Bank Street)? Something cheap, casual and quick.

If Olga's is still open, they will make you a nice sandwich. It's right next door (between Artguise and The Works). I don't think they're open late in the day though.

There's always The Clocktower. But they ain't so cheap.