Jambands.ca

puppy name help

meggo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so many good suggestions! i love it.

ollie: nena banjo has been her interim name between the time we picked her out and the time we got to take her home. we are still considering 'banjo', we're just not 100% sold on it yet! she's getting more and more bouncy, banjo just might suit her. :)

I think Nena Banjo is perfect. Why not give her a first and a last name?

from How to name your new puppy ...

When naming two dogs, make sure that if the number of syllables between the two dogs is the same, make sure the vowel sounds are different, or that the voicing of consonants is different (Ex. k/g, p/b, t/d)

Do not make the dog's name similiar to a command or a commonly used word. For example, do not name your dog "Nova" if you are using the word "no" to punish bad behaviors.

hux i can't see the picture :( is it linked from facebook? stupid work filters...

brad stella is a neat name! we're thinking we might just stick with our original 'nena banjo' [banjo for short]. but i don't think we've decided for sure for sure.

^-- just messing with Hux with the Maya thing. How awkward would that be?

The neighbours are all calling her 'Banjo' already, despite my caveat that it is a name under consideration. Seems like a popular one in this thread, though.

She definitely needs a name soon, as one of her toys is called 'little buddy', and she is starting to respond to that like that is her name. I do love Stella though .. and happen to be a big Tennessee Williams fan to boot.

[Edit:] speaking of T.W. what about 'Brick' or 'Maggie'?

Maybe we can make them fight and start a dog-fight ring. Puppy vs. puppy. I don't think that it has ever been done! (We'll be pioneers, the world will praise us)

PS - wanna trade? I'm sick of this one already.

I can't see Mon or Meggo minding about having them fight it out??

Getting much sleep?