Jambands.ca

Roll Call: MMJ in Montreal

bradm

hmm' date='

budget? style?[/quote']

Hey, we'll be up Friday ahead of the Heavy MTL festival. Can you recommend a good Italian place? :)

THere are several in Little Italy worth hitting depending on the style you like. St. Laurent in the 6,000s and Dante are good bets for streets to check out. To be honest I rarely go out for Italian since I don't eat meat (other than fish) and cook pretty good pasta myself, so I'm afraid I don't have a ton of suggestions. However, if you do go up to little italy check out the bakery on Dante for killer canoli, and Cafe Italia for awesome coffee and ice cream.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ask for the setlist, but I think you could probably ctrl+c ctrl+v the Toronto show for the most part, right?

unfortunately it was very very similar, if my sleep-deprived memory serves me well.

edit - well, i guess it's only unfortunate if you were at both shows. i really wanted to hear Tyrone but don't like yelling out requests

Edited by Guest

My Morning Jacket

June 17th, 2008

Le National, Montreal, Quebec

1. Intro

2. Evil Urges

3. Off the Record

4. Gideon

5. I'm Amazed

6. Highly Suspicious

7. Lay Low

8. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 1

9. What A Wonderful Man

10. Sec Walkin'

11. Golden

12. Thank you too

13. The way that he sings

14. Remnants

15. Smokin' From Shootin'

16. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2

ENCORE

1. Wordless Chorus

2. It Beats 4 U

3. Dondante

4. Run Thru

5. Anytime

6. One Big Holiday

that was a fun outing :)

i thought the show was good. my problem with mmj is that i can't ever understand the lyrics, and so few of their songs have any real meaning for me. they can't reach me at a deeper level than pop rock. i just don't feel "it" with them.

the end of the show was much stronger. it was a good time but especially because lots of friends were there. i don't think i'll travel for them again soon. but no complaints about a fun trip to montreal with both my cuz's there :)

Yeah, that was fun, for sure, but I was a little underwhelmed considering all the hype they get around here. I probably would have enjoyed them more if I knew their music better and had personal favorites. But I will probably not bother to get to know them after that.

great show! My 2nd proper time seeing them. I really dug it, and thought the song selection was pretty good, but would have loved a few more tunes off At Dawn, and It Still Moves. Great energy though, and the band was as tight like jeans on a hipster.

Boourns for no drinking in the main hall though! I suppose they lost their liquor license for some reason. Sucks as the venue prob lost a pile of money on beer sales.

Boourns for no drinking in the main hall though! I suppose they lost their liquor license for some reason. Sucks as the venue prob lost a pile of money on beer sales.

last time I was there was over a year ago and it was the same, so I don't think it's a temporary thing. kinda nice to be able to properly clap for a song for a change. they probably don't want bottles from the drunks rolling down that steep decline to the stage. :)

last time I was there was over a year ago and it was the same' date=' so I don't think it's a temporary thing. kinda nice to be able to properly clap for a song for a change. they probably don't want bottles from the drunks rolling down that steep decline to the stage. :)[/quote']

Hmmm, that does seem like a good idea, though I've been there 3 times in the past year, and I swear you could bring bottles in. In fact, at least one of those times there was a bar open at the back of the main hall.