Jambands.ca

Tortoise back in Ontario, finally

AD

That would have been a great great show! I remember someone (probably Brad?) posting up a show from that tour that came from archive.org or somewhere like that.

It wasn't me, and Tortoise isn't part of the Live Music Archive.

Aloha,

Brad

I'm going to be seeing Jeff Parker and John Herndon play with Ken Vandermark and Nate McBride on Friday night as a part of the Suoni Per il Popolo festival happening here.

250 person venue, and < 20 dollar tix = awesomeness.

Will post the recording if all works well.

I'm going to be seeing Jeff Parker and John Herndon play with Ken Vandermark and Nate McBride on Friday night as a part of the Suoni Per il Popolo festival happening here.

250 person venue, and < 20 dollar tix = awesomeness.

Will post the recording if all works well.

:thumbup:

Can you make to Casa Del Popolo tomorrow (Wednesday) night, too? Free Fall (Vandermark/Wiik/Haker Flaten) + Paal Nilssen-Love/Magnus Broo duo + Ken Vandermark (solo) is playing.

Aloha,

Brad

To summarize.. (just sent this to some friends)

Ken Vandermark's POWERHOUSE SOUND

http://www.kenvandermark.com

Thurs June 25 @ The Horseshoe

featuring:

Ken Vandermark: reeds

Nate McBride: electric bass, effects

Jeff Parker: guitar, electronics (from TORTOISE)

John Herndon: drums (from TORTOISE)

Excerpt from a recent press release:

Ken Vandermark wrote all the compositions with the idea of building the music from the perspective of the bass instead of the more conventional approach of composition construction, "from the top down", as he puts it. "The three major influences I considered when putting the music together were the rhythmic ideas of James Brown, the dub ideas of Lee Perry and the collage ideas of Public Enemy."

The new line up will continue to work from these original concepts developed at the band's start. However, with the obvious shifts in personnel and differences in instrumentation, POWERHOUSE SOUND is undoubtedly here to test any and all genre "qualifiers" used within the independent music industry today.

$15 adv / $18 door