Never...Ever....

rubberdinghy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many buses right now....

someone royally fucked up scheduling this september...I was stuck on the Mackenzie King bridge for 15 minutes westbound the other day, with 3 96's within two or three buses of my 96. It's really bad.

Supervisors are actually directing traffic through Hurdman station to get buses in and out...it can't handle all the new routes...They added about 7-8 new routes to the station, while only eliminating one.

Someone needs to get fired.

I'm curious too, what's the story behind the teenager with the headphones telling you to relax (that is the gist of what I understood from your post)?

Edit: just read your reply

Were you giving away free bus rides (out of transfers or something)?

That actually happened to me once. The guy had his hand on the thing, basically saying I don't have to pay, and I had headphones on (oh oh, this might be getting dangerous) and also tried to put my tickets in the thing. He said they were out of transfers but I didn't need (and never get) a transfer so I basically stood there all dumb until he let me put the tickets in. It wasn't until later that I realized I could have gotten a free ride. The dude driving didn't seem to care, though, I think he thought it was funny how dumb I was.

Edited by Guest

I'm confused. You said you had your hand over the farebox... so where was he supposed to put his ticket then?

It's probably one of the fancy new busses that instead of dropping your ticket into a box, it gets sucked into a machine. If I'm not mistaken, said machine will also accept bills and produce change (it had a picture of a $5 on the part you slide your ticket into...)

I'm confused. You said you had your hand over the farebox... so where was he supposed to put his ticket then?

It's probably one of the fancy new busses that instead of dropping your ticket into a box' date=' it gets sucked into a machine. If I'm not mistaken, said machine will also accept bills and produce change (it had a picture of a $5 on the part you slide your ticket into...)[/quote']

Even more reason to cut the kid some slack. I haven't even seen these new fare boxes yet.