Jambands.ca

Never...Ever....

rubberdinghy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the bus isn't crowded, I always get off at the front of the bus, just so I can say thanks and goodbye to the driver.

Funny you mention that, as I was planning to make a related post. Here in Victoria, the vast majority of people thank the driver when they get off the bus. Even if you're getting off at the back and seven people immediately before you have said thank you, it is almost always said. I thought it was the coolest thing when I first took the bus out here.

And for those who complain about the OC, try navigating a transit system that doesn't have an online or phone trip planner you can use, nor are there route numbers or times on the vast majority of stops. I didn't know how good I had it in Ottawa.

There seems to be an implication in this thread that transit workers are grumpier, as a workforce, than other professions.

I think that's an erroneous and unfair assumption.

I believe that the percentage of assholes in any given profession is relatively similar...concurrent with the percentage of assholes in the population at large.

There are, of course, exceptions to this rule..professions that seem to entice assholes to them, where there seems to be a proliferation of dicks.

I have no scientific evidence on which to base these theories, just empirical data gleaned from a lifetime of assholic observation.

Sincerely,

Dr. Stoned Phillips

So anyhoo...

Hippie kid gets on the bus....

"Wow, your bubblegum smells nice."

I said...

"Why don't you cut your fucking hair and get a job."

"now get off my bus."

KIDDING, KIDDING....

This is what I really said.

"It's tasty, would you like a slice?"

"Sure" he said.

I handed him the gum.

"Thanks, here's your 3 bucks, have a nice day"

"Thanks I said...You enjoy that gum."

Why can't everyone be nice and jolly like that?

from what I can tell ottawa, just seems to have a higher amount of self involved assholes, but that could just be because I have lived here for a while.

I've lived here for just over 2 years and I couldn't agree more. Noticed it almost right away, people are definitely to self absorbed, way more so than the coastal folk I'm used to. Oh well, I've put up with you Ontarians this long and I'm still here.....and sadly, get a bit self absorbed to. I don't like it.

As for the bus thing, definitely seen my share of nasty drivers/passengers. I think kicking the guy off was a little harsh but whatever, its your bus so your call. I do think I pay enough in tax dollars that I deserve to have a #2 arrive on time at least one time out of the month.(Me being self absorbed) This is coming from downtown route, I definitely agree with the whole making the route shorter, or at least split, that was talked about a while back.

Hey Dinghy, question. I rode on a brand new OC transpo bus the other day. Different seat layout and the thing was freaking quiet! When stopped at a light it barely sounded like it was running. What's the deal? There going to be more of these?

Steph