Jambands.ca

Swell Season next weekend

bouche

It’s always nice to experience a show there where the artist has a lot of reverence for the room. Massey Hall has so much great music history and what a room- always such an intimate show.

Good to see the Bouchard- Williamson team- looking good guys.

Looking forward to hanging with you folks again next weekend in Rochacha and Syracuse.

Sy-ca-mo-o-o-o-o-re, Syc-a-mo-o-o-o-re

[color:purple]Wow, that opening act sure was exciting My lord. Was it just me, or was every song about his mother, his sisters, or his mother and his sisters?

Swell Season was amazing. The movie itself didnt leave much of an impression on me, I mean i liked it, but it didnt really leave me wanting more. I only got the tickets because the misses absolutely adored it, but after seeing them last night, I'm glad I did. It was extremely refreshing to see performers of that calliber be so humble like that.

Glen took over massey hall. He commanded respect with his performance, yet he was so humble. I don't think I've seen such an appreciative crowd in all my life. How many standing ovations did he/they get? Three I think.

I had many chills throughout the night. He and Marketa were LOCKED in with their harmonies like you wouldn't believe. Not just the precision of the frequency and wavelength, but the period, amplitude, intensity, speed and even direction was precise.

They seem to know their physics. It was a great show and worth every mile.

Tasha and Pete, sorry we didn't see y'all for more than a few minutes before the show started. We won't be at Ryan Adams, unfortunately, we're off to Quebec City.

(not pics from Massey Hall )

homepageLive.jpg

Wow! What a show. It really is hard to put into words, and a lot has been said here already that I completely agree with.

Glen Hansard's words from the stage seemed completely genuine and heart-felt. He mentioned that he was truly honoured to play Massey Hall and thought that it sounded fantastic. Being a Neil Young fan, he said it was very important to him.

When he did his "busker" moment by playing completely unplugged at the front of the stage sent shivers up my spine. The guy's voice is so powerful.

The crowd was completely well-behaved. At a show like this where the quiet gets really quiet it was great having everyone shutthefuckup ;) They were listening.

I am bummed that I missed the show last year at the Danforth. I won't be missing these guys again (or The Frames for that matter).

Great meeting up with all the skanks preshow at the Library. Always nice to put some more faces to names, and names to nicknames. Look forward to partying with you all again sometime soon. Sorry we didn't meet up after the show. We got stuck in the long bathroom lineups and then had to go grab the kids and head home.

Thanks for a great evening :)

blackFrame.jpg

Eeeeewwwwww, you went in the burger king up the street? Eeeewwwwwww. ;)

But that place is dirty.

Ya, I was hoping to meet up with some of you guys too, but it's kinda awkward when you dont know who your looking for. I though I saw Jaimoe, judging from his avatar, but I wasnt nearly drunk enough to pinch the wrong guys nipples.