Jambands.ca

Dylan Fall tour includes Canadian dates

HaMike

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, the K-Rock Centre in Kingston is brand-spanking new. It holds around 6 thousand for hockey, so I'm assuming you can add 2 thousand more for concerts. I've read that the acoustics are good as are the sightlines. One great thing is that it's located on Ontario Street, which is on the waterfront and the area is loaded with pubs, bars and restaurants.

I just picked-up Row 20 seats 4&5.

I don't think the dutchie will make it back that far.

What's the name of the brewery that makes Dragon's Breath? The old Hart brewery in Carleton Place used to brew it under contract years ago and I miss it!!

What Brad said. The best beer from the Brew Pub isn't Dragon's Breath, but you can be the judge. Try White Tale, Dragoon's Pale and a few more fine brews and then stagger over the concert.

I've read that the acoustics are good as are the sightlines. One great thing is that it's located on Ontario Street, which is on the waterfront and the area is loaded with pubs, bars and restaurants.

But make sure you go early because there's nowhere to park. (see, I can read the letters to editor in the Whig too) ;)

What would be the best/closest hotel to stay at for the Kingston show?

Any downtown hotel will do like the Holiday Inn, Radisson, Four Points, Confederation Place Hotel, Hotel Belvedere (historic hotel) - the downtown is compact and the hotels are right in the middle of the waterfront where the restaurants, shopping and pubs are (and the K-Rock Centre too).

If B&B's are more your style, my lovely cousin Barbara has a bed & breakfast at the bottom of Earl and Ontario, just a 10 minute walk on Ontario to the K-Rock Centre. She lives in once of the oldest houses in the city, built at the end of the 18th century: http://www.astonesthrow.ca/

I've read that the acoustics are good as are the sightlines. One great thing is that it's located on Ontario Street' date=' which is on the waterfront and the area is loaded with pubs, bars and restaurants.[/quote']

But make sure you go early because there's nowhere to park. (see, I can read the letters to editor in the Whig too) ;)

The letters in the Whig are goddamn retarded, to be polite.

I've been to three events and have always found free parking within a 5 minute walk. The most you'll pay to park right close is $6 I think.

The parking controversy in Kingston shouldn't be a controversy. There's tons of street parking and the lots aren't expensive. It's the people that like to drive everywhere and don't like to walk more than a minute at a time that do all the complaining. Anyone that lives in the downtown core or just outside of it can walk to the K-Rock Centre.

FYI, the K-Rock Centre in Kingston is brand-spanking new. It holds around 6 thousand for hockey, so I'm assuming you can add 2 thousand more for concerts. I've read that the acoustics are good as are the sightlines. One great thing is that it's located on Ontario Street, which is on the waterfront and the area is loaded with pubs, bars and restaurants.

and it is 2 blocks from my house. I've seen The Hip, Avril Lavigne, Sheryl Crow and various hockey games there. I'm going to see Blue Rodeo next month. I just go to get out of the house and stretch my legs. I really don't like music that much :)

I just picked-up Row 20 seats 4&5.

I don't think the dutchie will make it back that far.

What's the name of the brewery that makes Dragon's Breath? The old Hart brewery in Carleton Place used to brew it under contract years ago and I miss it!!

What Brad said. The best beer from the Brew Pub isn't Dragon's Breath' date=' but you can be the judge. Try White Tale, Dragoon's Pale and a few more fine brews and then stagger over the concert.

[/quote']

I LOVE White Tale! Had a couple last weekend.