Jambands.ca

MLB Playoffs 08

Hal Johnson

Hello? HELLO?!

Both Chicago teams are in, Boston-Anaheim will prob be better than the world series and Manny's a freakin Dodger! The Brewers havent been in the Playoffs for over 25 yrs and the Rays...well...the freakin Rays! But most of all, Ozzie Guillen is given at least three more games to swear at reporters and talk about his love for vodka.

I love this time of year.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a baseball thread! Thanks Hal.

Being from Boston, I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan but they've won a couple of times in the last 4 years. Probably not going to happen, but it would be great to see a White Sox vs. Cubs world series.

This is a great time of year - NHL season starts, the NFL is getting into the swing of things, and baseball playoffs!

I'm torn in the Cubs-Dodgers series. I feel for the Cubs fans but the whole Torre/Manny thing in LA is awesome.

Bay's homerun was great.

Phillies-Brewers - I could care less.

For some reason I dislike the Rays, don't know why but I do, don't love the ChiSox all that much either.

Red Sox vs Cubs or Dodgers would be my choice for the world series.

Early first impressions:

Dodgers-Rays!

Seriously though, the Dodgers have won me over. I will be going for them the rest of the way.

Bill Simmons wrote a great article on Manny yesterday too - puts the whole trade in perspective:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=manny

(and sorry Schwa., but your Cubbies have too big a mountain to climb now)

Edited by Guest

No kidding, last night's game was fantastic! As much as I dont like Boston, the better team won that series. Lester was an animal in both games he pitched, and Bay came through big time. Im glad a Canadian boy is making a name for himself in one of the hugest american markets for baseball - good on him.

Tampa should give Boston a run for their money, but I have no idea what to expect from the NL. I wouldnt be surprised if either team swept that one.

Whether for good or bad reasons, Canadians have had hands in many outcomes of playoffs so far. How about Russell Martin for the Dodgers. I hate that team almost as much as the Red Sox, but he's a keeper. I hope all our good young Major Leaguers play for Canada in the upcoming World Baseball Classic.

longoria is already disgusting, i cant imagine how good this kid is going to be in say, 6, 7, 8 years time... wowza!

i think we're gonna see 6 or 7 really good, hard fought games out of this series, and its really anyone's guess. the game 1 pitchers duel coulda went either way, and same with the slugfest last night.

i'd like to see the rays win it all to cap off their insane coming of age march from the getgo.... but if the dodgers can step it up against the phillies, it'll be tough not to be rooting for a game 7 top of 9 bomb from Man-Ram in Fenway... ;)

i love this time of year... anyone got any good tips on reliable feeds/streams for mac users?