Jambands.ca

How much is to be made off Phish tix....

rubberdinghy

So, you have the opportunity to turn $100 into $1000. Do you do it?

I had a Phish poster that I purchased at the Great Went. I kept it safe during the horrendous weather at the start of that fest. Turns out it is the Holy Grail of Phish posters. I bought it for $25, somebody paid me $4000.00 for it. I guess I should have sold it to him for face value since he was a kind Phishead?????

If I got tix for Hampton I would be tempted (and would most likely do it) sell 'em if somebody was throwing 10x the purchase price for them. That would get me into one helluva lot of concerts.

Yup! Actually it was more than that. I had forgotten. Take a look here:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/40

Mine was #41 or #22. I'll have to check my photos at home.

It was for the Great Went Robot print. They figure there are only about 25 of them that survived the weekend with no damage.

The purchaser was a serious Phish poster collector out in Oregon. He had the money and wanted it. A serious bidding war happened when I sold it on eBay.

While it was a nice reminder of the event, it looked more like a $4000 piece of parchment when I discovered it's "fair market value" :)

http://www.phishposterarchive.com/phish-went-stories.htm

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=279.0;attach=86;image

If someone swoops in and buys all the posters and then stands in front of the sold-out poster booth selling the posters at inflated prices...well, I'd think that person was a goonball.

Not attacking Kev at all, just trying to equate the situation to professional scalpers.