Jambands.ca

London hit heavy....

scottieking

Ottawa got hit last night and this morning. Woke up to a nice snow wrapped vehicle which I had to reluctantly scrape. Can't wait for Spring! We didnt get all that much....called for 15cm, looks more like 10...but I find it funny how a little bit of snow scare people silly. Countless number of Schools shut down and accidents all around the city. I understand the need for our kids safety...but come on...didnt we just have a record amount of snow last year. How in the world did we survive. I guess we have short memories on how to deal with the white stuff.

Edited by Guest

but I find it funny how a little bit of snow scare people silly. Countless number of Schools shut down and accidents all around the city. I understand the need for our kids safety...but come on...didnt we just have a record amount of snow last year. How in the world did we survive. I guess we have short memories on how to deal with the white stuff.

well, there were no school closures in ottawa and all school buses are running according to cbc abd the school board website. there are schools in the upper cananda board that closed, but those are well south of ottawa.

I figured people stayed home today because kids couldn't go to school. There was no traffic coming in for some reason, and that seemed like the most likely.

Why were there no cars? I doubt 0.25 bus rides were the culprit since we're coming in from Hull. Maybe workers decided to have a snow day anyway?

I heard last night that we can predict how much snow we are going to get by the height at which bees place their hives on trees. Last year they were up really high, and we got lots of snow. This year, apparently, they are close to the ground, which suggest there won't be too much snow.

But with the Sunspots being at the low end of its cycle... it's going to be cold... so the lack of snow will probably be due to the fact that it'll be too cold for it to snow!!!