Jambands.ca

"Economic Update"

AD

I'm in Toronto and the conversations that I've been hearing and part of definitely have covered the same points you've expressed. And that's part of it. When Layton was calling for a coalition pre-Oct 14 the reaction was "okay, so HOW does that work?" and I would think that because the election was held in less time than previous elections, Dion & the Libs didn't think they had time to explore that option, which would have been the right assumption(?)

Again, speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were "backroom talks" pre-October 14 about this coalition being formed if the Conservatives did win a minority. I firmly believe that a non-confidence vote would've been called on the smallest point in the throne speech.

I for one will be happy when there's a definitive answer from the GG as to what the hell is going to take place and when it will happen.

As interesting as all of this is, it's draining!!! :crazy:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that they would run seperately, representing their respective parties and those parties who form a coalition would decide from the elected officials available to them to form the cabinet. The proportion of MP's from each of the coalesced(?) parties would determine their representitive numbers. Seems easy enough, you still vote your conscience, you just expect that some of them will decide to work together and others will decide to work alone.

And at 7pm Harper will address the nation.

7:00?!?!

WHEEL

OF

FORTUUU... zzzzzt .....

Good evening fellow Canadians ...

CityTV runs Law & Order: SVU weeknights at 7pm, so assuming they don't pre-empt for Harper's address, you can choose between a) lurid descriptions of horrific sex crimes against innocent members of the public, and B) a police drama.

Aloha,

Brad

My understanding is that they would run seperately, representing their respective parties and those parties who form a coalition would decide from the elected officials available to them to form the cabinet. The proportion of MP's from each of the coalesced(?) parties would determine their representitive numbers. Seems easy enough, you still vote your conscience, you just expect that some of them will decide to work together and others will decide to work alone.

uh, vote split much? and how could you campaign against a so-called partner?

Oh... and that's just confirmed.

I agree, I think he's going to prorogue though he didn't come out and say that in his speech.. which was redundant...nothing new from what he's been saying since this all began...

Dion dropped the ball for his speech showing up late...it should have been right on Harper's heels...

Edit to add: Layton & Duceppe will be speaking later on this evening...

Edited by Guest

Why are Ducceppe and Layton speaking?

This is f'ing joke.

Oh yes, a very sad joke and most of us who are paying attention to these clowns are not laughing.

Again, just my opinion, I think Layton has a much larger role in this coalition movement than is being seen but as he's "behind" the Libs then he's not driving the bus...

I believe Layton and Duceppe will be speaking "live"...

Dion's speach was too long and painful to listen to but a good finish when he clarified he would be stepping down as leader and possibly as Prime Minister if the coalition becomes a reality.

Wha? I stopped watching and am on my way out the door... but Dion's going to step down as leader and possibly PM if the coalition becomes a reality? Wha? I thought Dion was the 'unanimous' decision as the leader now, and therefore PM if the thing happens?

I'm confused.