Jambands.ca

Ryan Adams - The sh!t ?

bouche

While I don't doubt he'll take a step back, how long that step lasts is anyones guess. For all of the jabbering he's done about loving being in a band, and being with the Cardinals he sure did an about face.

Of course if I had been in the band on stage on Sept 26 in Syracuse- I'd want to quit too!

And Cully, from all of the info I've read it would seem he has put both of those drugs far behind him. Of course a relapse would explain the Pitchfork story and its inherent nonsense.

Whoa, that article lmost made me cry! What would I do without Ryan Adams??? And sorry, I know he's multi-faceted and deserves to explore all his passions, but I don't really give a shit about his poetry or books, his blogs or any other work, I am deeply in love with his music and that's it. I'm not a Ryan Adams fan, I'm a fan of Ryan Adams' music.

I tend to think he's being a bit dramatic. It seems as though he changes his mind about this or that every few days. Not that I doubt he intends on ending the Cardinals (which sucks, so, so much....RA and the C = one of the best fuckin bands making music today) but I'm sure he will be making music and playing even after his March 20th Last Show. Or his sabbatical from music will just be short lived. An artist that prolific will have trouble containing his impulse to create. Having said that, losing most of his hearing in his left ear, and having constant ringing can't be helpful making music. Maybe Infinity Blues marks the dawn of the Ryan Adams as author-only era.

I wonder how long a list can be made of people that said they were going to quit music, only to not actually quit in the long run.

I know I've said to myself many times, I'm going to quit jambands.ca, and then post in the "What are you listening to now thread," hours after making my decision. That thread just keeps pulling me back in.

Awesome that he's taking a break.

I hope he holds onto the freedom and strength he'll get from this break/retirement.

Way to go Ryan Adams!!!!

To this: "this is the time for me to step back now, to reel it in and i wish everyone peace and happiness"

I reply: Thanks for the peace and happiness. I hope the next plate of French Toast you eat (assuming you eat eggs and bread) will be so good you wet yourself. A great breakfast is arguably better than happiness. It's bliss - with ketchup or syrup...or plain if that's your thing.

I'd reply elsewhere but I don't have the guy's digits.