Jambands.ca

Going to see the Eagles...

dave-O

Yep tonight's the night... I'm going to see the Eagles for FREE courtesy our new Ottawa Senators owner.

Let me apologize in advance - I will be the drunk guy in the nose-bleed's, yelling "Hotel California" between every song (even after they play it)...

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

Yell for "Life's Been Good", or "Funk #49", or any song sung by Don Felder...

Errmmm... d'y'mean Joe Walsh?

Yes, I know. "Life's Been Good" is a Joe Walsh tune, while "Funk #49" is a James Gang tune.

Just as Low Roller was trying to get dave-O to yell for "The End Of The Innocence" (which is a Don Henley song, not an Eagles song), I thought it would be fun to yell for other non-Eagles songs.

Aloha,

Brad

Except when you get to see them for free...

quote:

Originally posted by dave-O:

Yep tonight's the night... I'm going to see the Eagles for FREE courtesy our new Ottawa Senators owner.

And they actually did "Life's Been Good"!

Joe Walsh definatly stole the show.

The Allan Thick opening act was the most surreal thing I have ever seen. Not to metion the longest commercial for the Sens I have ever seen. I expect more owner antics throughout the season.

definatly the most energy I have ever seen at a show in the Corel centre.

Good times all around...Thanks Dave-O. [big Grin]

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

quote:

Yell for "Life's Been Good", or "Funk #49", or any song sung by Don Felder...

Errmmm... d'y'mean Joe Walsh?

Yes, I know. "Life's Been Good" is a Joe Walsh tune, while "Funk #49" is a James Gang tune.

Just as Low Roller was trying to get dave-O to yell for "The End Of The Innocence" (which is a Don Henley song, not an Eagles song), I thought it would be fun to yell for other non-Eagles songs.

Ahhhh... gotcha. I thought you were implying that Don Felder sang those songs. I thought to myself, "That's not BradM talking... he must know that's Joe Walsh!" Silly me. [Embarrassed]

On a side note, I had the misfortune of seeing The Eagles one time, and they did play "Life's Been Good", and "Ordinary Average Guy", too.

Actually FYI I just got this setlist on CANOE for last night's Toronto show:

Set List

1st SET

Long Run

New Kid In Town

Wasted Time

Wasted Time reprise

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Hole In The World

Love Will Keep Us Alive

The Boys Of Summer

Take It To The Limit

Already Gone

In The City

One Of These Nights

2nd SET

James Dean

Lyin' Eyes

I Can't Tell You Why

Walk Away

Instrumental

Tequila Sunrise

Sunset Grill

Turn To Stone

You Belong To The City

Life's Been Good

Dirty Laundry

Funk #49

Heartache Tonight

Life In The Fastlane

Encore 1:

Hotel California

Encore 2:

Rocky Mountain Way

All She Wants To Do Is Dance

Encore 3:

Take It Easy

Desperado

Actually a lot of non-Eagles tunes, including "Funk#49"! [Eek!]

What I want to know (if anyone was there) is who sang "Take It To The Limit"? It was Randy Meisner orginally (I think). I'm guessing Tim Schmit but I wasn't sure.

Peace,

Mr. M.

So I come home for thanksgiving and my stepdad tells me about his coup on the golf course that afternoon (yesterday). A big whiziwig took him to play at the National which I guess is ultra private and there's a bunch of guys on the driving range that shouldn't be then they pair him with this walrus of a man who turns out to be Donald K Donald and a second who turns out to be 'the Eagles drummer' as he put it. Turns out the foursome in front and behind were the EAGLES! So he plays with DKD for like 5 hours and on the 13th he's asking if they have oxygen on the course (he's like 350 lbs.) and then they chill at the 19th and they offer him front row tickets when they're in town next!

Archived