Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2009

badams

Guest Low Roller

Do you remember how tight the standings were all year? I wouldn't call the regular season games 'inconsequential' unless you're Tampa Bay or the Islanders. ;)

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you remember how tight the standings were all year? I wouldn't call the regular season games 'inconsequential' unless you're Tampa Bay or the Islanders.

How many games did you watch last year? I saw a number of them that showed players not really giving a shit and they ended up being bland and meaningless at the end of the day.

82 is way too long.

And we're talking about a league where over half the teams make the playoffs, and the teams that don't are generally garbage, so yeah the jockeying in the standings is still pretty meaningless. The neck in neck between two to three teams at the end is always exciting but that would happen in a 40-60 game season as well (and no I don't think the NHL is going to change, but shorter seasons make for more meangingful games)

You should be comish. What would ticket prices average? $250-1000 a game, well worth it because you know that one time the Leafs or Habs are in town the game is going to be nuts.

They would more likely be $500 - $2500 but I will always ensure you get free box seats for that game. Just for being you ;)

Fleury made a huge stop on a Pavel Datsyuk breakaway with less than 1:30 left.

What a dumbfatfuckin'idiot. How does he have a job?

Seriously. Its continual with this clown.

I suppose it's possible he was off to try and get another hotdog, even though the concession stands would have been closed, and came back to find out he missed something "big" only to have the other media members give him false information just so they could laugh about it forever.

I'm finding this too tough to call. Detroit definitely has the edge but I think that the Pens are capable off pulling it off.

The Pens need to get way more bodies in front of Osgood, he get to see way too many shots and they need to win way more face offs.

Also, I want to know what The Sloth thinks of this Heatly stuff?

Also, I want to know what The Sloth thinks of this Heatly stuff?

I think they should transfer him to Real Madrid for 80 million pounds and then use the money to buy a solid striker and shore up the midfield......uuuh wait a second........

I remain unmoved (denial) but I'm almost onto the "Fuck him!" stage of the eight steps to Losing Your Star Player Get Well Program . It pretty much forces the Sens hand into rebuilding (who knows though, we got Heatley in a disgruntled star for disgruntled star trade, could happen again) it will force the organization to look at Murray (again), and what the fuck can you do if he wants out.....

FUCK HIM! WE'LL WIN WITHOUT THAT FUCKING FLOATER!

Seriously though, tough break.

I realize the win streak for the Sens started against the league's backup goaltenders and a bevy of teams that were looking past the Sens for a good portion of it but the team really did seem to be playing decent hockey for the second half.

Those two nightmare of defencemen Lee and Bell were actually playing well (okay, better is probably more fair)...it no longer looked like Bell had someone shining a headlight in his eyes. I was really excited about the new goaltender. Folignio came on. There's no fucking way Fish could be that abysmal again. I kind of wanted to see what the team could do. Aaaah well.