Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2009

badams

I realize that everyone is probably watching CBC, but if anyone is watching NBC, do you find that there is too much white in the colour mix? I have a hard time seeing certain parts of the blue lines sometimes, and even the faceoff circles seem kind of faint. I don't think it's my computer, as I don't have this issue when the game is broadcast on Versus or CBC.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best playoffs in years! Totally enjoyed all the games.

Yes!

Great game. I'm still a little shocked at how it all went down. Congrats Pitts fans.

I have to say though that the booing of Gary Bettman, in a showcase spotlight no less, was embarrassing as a hockey fan. And beyond that it's just a shitty thing to do to another person.

I have to say though that the booing of Gary Bettman, in a showcase spotlight no less, was embarrassing as a hockey fan.

Fantastic.

I cant think of anything that could be truer regarding the NHL. I was equally sickened.

Anyone hear of this latest controversy? Is there something to it or an oversight from those involved?

(Please keep in mind I am 2 and a half sheets to the wind right now)

Apparantely Crosby 'refused' to shake Lidstrom`s hand. That's total bullshit, right? Yeah, it has to be. Fuck. Its the Stanley Cup and the 2 captains. Anyways if any of you see a piece refuting this claim please post it. I heard it on ESPN Radio.........actually that says it all.

I cant imagine players not shaking one anothers hand on purpose, let alone this case. Yeah. Its gotta be something stupid. Losers even love shaking the Champs hand. They do.

Cheap sell NFL Jerseys in online shop www shoes-trader com

hello ,my friend

are you searching for high quality and low price,charming model shoes,apparel?

i hope to become your reliable supplier in china.

we have many newest brand products in stock

mainly brand:

1.shoes: a series of Nike,gucci,Adidas, Bape, AF1, Prada, D&G, Timberland, Puma,y-3,DIESEL,DSQUARED

2.jean:Evisu,True Religion,bape,bbc,d&g,artful dodger,red monkey,LRG

3.Hoody:bape,bbc,LRG,clh,ed hardy,GGG

4.jacket: ED hardy jacket,adidas jacket.red monkey jacket

5.T-shirt: bbc,tommy,ed hardy,Polo,lacoste,bape,ggg,BURBERRY,evisu,lrg,art ful dodger

6.short: bbc pants,bape pants,red monkey short,evisu short

sport wear,Socks

7.woman apparel:Bikini,Juicy T-shirt,Locaste T-shirt,ED T-shirt,ROCK Jean,Juicy Suit,ed hardy hoody

8.Handbag/Purse: LV,Chanel,Gucci,Coach,CHLOE,Dior,Juicy,Prada,Guess ,D&G,Versace,Fendi

9.Glassess: DIOR,D&G,ARMANI,LV,Chanel,GUCCI,VERSACE,FENDI,RayB an,PRADA

10.belt,hat,rolex watch,scarf

all the items listed in our website we have got them in stocks.small mini order and even drop ship is available here .

We are insisting on our company principle "Best Service and Highest Quality", and willing to build mutual benefits and long term business relationship with you.

So we sincerely wish to cooperate with you and to make mutual benefit!

our new email : alanshoestrader@gmail.com

our new msn : alanshoestrader@hotmail.com

Yours sincerely

www shoes-trader com

Edited by Guest

People can say whatever they want about Crosby. He was integral in the Pens championship run. He captained a team to the Stanley Cup finals and WON IT.

Syd will get the last laugh and deserves a helluva lot more respect in the league that he's going to be in for many years to come. Still astonishing to think that he's only 21.

Guest Low Roller

Detroit captain Nicklas Lidstrom was up front, followed by alternate captain Kris Draper, congratulating many of the new champions while waiting for Pittsburgh's captain.

"Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn't come over to shake his hand," Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena.

"That's ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!"

Crosby eventually skated over to shake hands with the Red Wings, but many had already headed for the dressing room. Detroit forward Johan Franzen and Crosby exchanged words and Crosby then shook hands with goaltender Chris Osgood and some other Detroit players.

The Penguins were unhappy with the accusation, especially since Crosby was photographed going through the line.

"Nobody respects the traditions of hockey more than Sidney Crosby," team vice president Tom McMillan said. "It was a young team celebrating its first Cup and some of the guys might have been a little late getting into the handshake line."

The losing team almost always leaves the ice quickly following an elimination loss, especially during the finals, and it was uncertain how long Lidstrom waited.

Not that I am siding with anyone here Kev, but dont you find it interesting almost every other Pens player had made it over to the line? I'm sure he knew what was going on. He shook 4 players hands. Four.

At least when Crosby was asked about the situation he could have manned-up and said he made a mistake.

I hear ya Booche. The whole thing is a joke, IMHO. Like I heard somebody mention on the radio yesterday there really is no protocol. It's all part of this "unwritten code" that everyone talks about.

What should be done when the final buzzer goes? If the losing team wants to get outta there to lick their wounds then mandate that hand-shaking must be done immediately after the buzzer. Man, what a buzzkill that would be for the winning team though, no?

Another factor that mucks it all up is that the media and families were all over the place to join in the celebration. Crosby, as captain, is also expected to talk to all the media (CBC, NBC, local Pitt and Detroit affiliates there, radio, web, etc.)

When it comes down to it, way to much is being made of this situation, imho.

I dont doubt that too much is being made out of this but Crosby faux pas'd. He should have apologized and I am sure he has figured that out.

But for arguments sake Kev, imagine this scenario (although completely inaccurate):

The Leafs had just lost to the Sens and Alfreddson pulled a Crosby. Can you honestly say you would be defending Alfie? There is noooooo waaaaaay you would be doing that. Everyone in Rich Stadium knows how you would be reacting to it.

But for arguments sake Kev, imagine this scenario (although completely inaccurate):

The Leafs had just lost to the Sens and Alfreddson pulled a Crosby. Can you honestly say you would be defending Alfie? There is noooooo waaaaaay you would be doing that. Everyone in Rich Stadium knows how you would be reacting to it.

LOL ... good one Booche :) Yeah, I'd probably gripe about it for a bit. I think the level of it would depend more on the drama that unfolds during the series. In the case of Crosby I just don't see how he would purposefully have the hate on for the Wings once the game was over.

Agreed ... Syd's apology should be said and the whole thing put to rest.

I can't believe hockey's over now :( Well, at least I've got some entertaining Tyke Hockey to attend tonight ;) Shit, they shake hands every game ... i'll remind Jack to not wait too long in shaking his opponents' hands after it's over ;)