Jambands.ca

Ontario passes law to ban hand-held devices while driving

Velvet

catphish and i have an understanding that if she calls me and i'm on the bus, i'll answer "Buy low, sell high" just to make myself out to be a bigshot.

'Course the phone never rings unless she's sent me to the store and remembers something else that I have to get. And i hate people at the grocery store who are squinting and saying "All they have are the blue ones..."

anyway.

Talking on cell-phones while walking on a busy street is just as dangerous.

It may be just as dangerous to the person doing the talking and walking (dead is dead), but it's not nearly as dangerous to others as a driver talking on a cell phone while driving.

Aloha,

Brad

let's just ban the fucking things altogether. im sick of the blue glow of goofballs beside me texting their friends every two minutes during a show. im sick of oblivious chickpacks who hog the sidewalks on campus, all blathering away on their phones. im sick of soccer moms pulling out right in front of my car. im sick of people yelling "NOTHING, JUST EATING. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" when im trying to enjoy my meal. but most of all, im sick of all the arrogant 'just a second' fingers that point up at the cashier when chatty cathy arrives at the till.

yes people, we see that you have cellphones. you must be a VIP. we are not worthy. now, please shove that fucking thing right up your ...

Be thankful you don't live in Korea. It's a bazillion times worse. People are completely pathological about their phones here, and ownership is over 100% - there are more active cell phone numbers than there are people in the country.

let's just ban the fucking things altogether. im sick of the blue glow of goofballs beside me texting their friends every two minutes during a show. im sick of oblivious chickpacks who hog the sidewalks on campus, all blathering away on their phones. im sick of soccer moms pulling out right in front of my car. im sick of people yelling "NOTHING, JUST EATING. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" when im trying to enjoy my meal. but most of all, im sick of all the arrogant 'just a second' fingers that point up at the cashier when chatty cathy arrives at the till.

yes people, we see that you have cellphones. you must be a VIP. we are not worthy. now, please shove that fucking thing right up your ...

You might like this:

http://www.urbanhippy.ca/driving/and/cellphones

YES!!!

kiss.gif

• 5 months later...

Ont. sets date for ban on driving with phones

The Canadian Press

Ontario drivers will be banned from using cellphones, BlackBerrys and other hand-held electronic devices starting Oct. 26.

Motorists can expect a three-month education period after the ban takes effect, which means police will show some leniency.

But police will begin issuing tickets next Feb. 1.

Drivers could be fined up to $500 if caught using their hand-held cellphones or BlackBerrys to talk, email or send text messages while behind the wheel.

"It is not safe to be texting, emailing or dialing a phone when you are driving a vehicle," Minister of Transportation Jim Bradley said in a news release announcing the date for the ban. "Now it is also illegal."

The government has said hands-free devices aren't covered by the legislation, but they are not recommended for use while driving.

Ontario is the fourth province to enact such a ban, following Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec and Nova Scotia. Manitoba has introduced similar legislation.

Drivers are also banned from using portable video games and DVD players but are allowed to use their cellphones for 911 calls.

Global-positioning systems are allowed, as long as they're properly secured to the dashboard.

No demerit points are attached to the Ontario law, unlike in other provinces.

However, Ontario motorists who defy the ban could also be charged under careless driving laws and face fines, six demerit points, a driver's licence suspension and even jail time.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2009/09/30/ont-ban.html

Just this afternoon we sat behind a car for nearly the entire green, beeped horn and buddy snapped-to and drove (slowly, but at least forward), when we got to where two lanes opened up the driver at least got into the right lane thankfully, but as we passed him we noticed he had a dashboard (above radio area) televison on. bangk.gif