Jambands.ca

Michael Jackson heart attack???

mister slippery

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he sold 50% of the Beatles stuff to Sony a few years ago and sold a few more little pieces along the way. I think he died owning the rights to a handful of the Beatles stuff. He's had three kids so they'll probably be in the will somehow.

Grr.

The only FACT surrounding the allegation of child molestation is that there wasn't sufficient evidence to even criminally charge him, let alone convict him. The accusor is even on record saying he'd get everything he ever wanted if MJ went down.

I'm not leaning one way or another, as sexual abuse and child molestation is a horrid crime, but I'm at least dealing with what is known. Rather than jumping the band wagon of people who think MJ a strange dude with strange activities and lots of money and therefore a child molester.

Innocent people go down every day for stuff they didn't do, in some cases they're killed for stuff they didn't do. Even rich ones. Not in a million years would i ever want to be the person who convicted them of these things. Nor would i want my friends to be.

The only thing we do know is that MJ was a iconic legend in popular music and now he's dead. I wish it were left to that.

Slice it. Dice it. Slap all of your troubles away. You're going to love my nuts! (For those not as intrigued with Vince's selling techniques, my apologies)

Twitter says:

Less than 24hours since he died but already there's a website dedicated to jokes about it! deadmichaeljacksonjokes.com I love the internet!

Twitter never lies.

*You* could love the internet *too*. Think about it.

True. And in fact, more generally, I think that anytime anybody is accused of anything they are instantly and forever guilty. But fame is fame, and it certainly amplifies the gossip.

Morbid as it is to say, I think that now that he is gone we will see two things: 1) People who want a few dollars making unfounded allegations against him, 2) People whose lives have been dashed on the rocks coming forward, if there are any such victims. It will be very difficult to tell the two apart.

I don't think it unfathomable that Jackson did do some of the things that he is accused of having done. Abuse begets abuse, and that is an ugly dangerous cycle.

People who want a few dollars making unfounded allegations against him

one might argue that the same was true while he was still living. he was never convicted of, or found liable for, anything. both the criminal and civil judgments were both in his favour. this seems to be a fact that is conveniently forgotten.

was the guy odd? yes. did he damage his own reputation by asserting there was nothing wrong with sharing his bed with young boys? absolutely. is it possible that he was himself a victim of family, media and industry maltreatment since the age of 8 and that he had a very very different way of looking at the world and himself? of course.

i really didn't want to discuss any of this stuff. i don't think it adds anything more to say he was a fucked-up, musical genius than to just say he was a musical genius. is that excusing his wrongs, however defined? i dunno.

i just think that the world lost another uniquely creative person yesterday, and for that, i am saddened.

The picture above made me laugh and laugh (sorry MJ)

but:

one might argue that the same was true while he was still living. he was never convicted of, or found liable for, anything. both the criminal and civil judgments were both in his favour. this seems to be a fact that is conveniently forgotten.

I don't disagree. There was never any evidence of MJ doing any wrong, except for his own admissions about minor transgressions (if you can even call them that) about liking to share his bed with young boys. Whether he ever defiled anyone, we won't know until anybody tells us.

Billie Jean is still the best song ever recorded.

:)

I believe that part of MJ's mind never grew past an 8 year old, yet other parts did. Also, he was controlled by so many outside forces. I seriously doubt that any business was actually executed by him (like purchasing the beatles catalog).

Now, as far as the allegations go, what leads people to really believe what the media displayed? There was evidence that showed obvious attempts at extortion from what I remember yet at the same time it's clear that there was something strange going on. Strange comes in many flavours.

All I know for SURE is that he was a musical prodigy and I had a great time seeing his music accelerate and explode when I was in grade 7.

How many other deaths can be listed that impacted so many people? This is quite incredible.

Even the torrent sites are saturated with MJ music and videos. 2 generations are probably just discovering Michael just because his death.