Jambands.ca

What ever happened to Mike Bullard?

d_rawk

Pretty sure I'm the only person in the world wondering about such a thing.

Actually, just checked his site and it says "Currently Mike is in development of a game show for divorced people called "Alimoney" and signed a co-production deal for the show with Just for Laughs in conjunction with Jack Ruby Productions."

That doesn't sound very promising. Sorry dude.

He was always FAIL

Yeah, I've never liked his stuff. I remember thinking about 'Open Mike' that the way that he interacted with his audience was more uncomfortable than entertaining. Bordering on the abusive in fact. I wasn't sure why I'd started thinking about him, but then realized it was because I'd watched a Trailer Park Boys rerun (Ricky: "What the fuck? Julian, it must be the fumes. I'm hallucinating, man! Looks like Bubbles has got wings on his back and he's strangling Mike Bullard!")

I was sorta expecting that maybe there had been a scandal or something that explained how he went from being everywhere to not being visible at all.

You know who could probably pull off a Canadian talk show? Brent Butt.

I just heard Bullard on The Debaters on CBC. He was frankly embarrassing, wholly unprepared and with little understanding of the concept of the show.

He always thought of himself as a good improvisor. As an ex-cop it makes sense that he has little self-awareness and has a pretty high opinion of his abilities.

Guest Low Roller

He was terrible. The fact that his show lasted as long as it did is a testament to the poor quality of Canadian programming at the time.

he seemed like a nice enough guy who you couldnt help but kinda root for, but i never got what anyone saw in him.

This makes me think he was the answer in the search for a definitive/representative Canadian entertainer. Then when they found him, no one was impressed...typical. Call it, "Canadian Dying Star Search" Starts off a little dim then fizzles out altogether.

g

He introduced me to Mitch Hedberg on his show, referring to him as his favorite young comedian, and I will always thank him for that because I immediately became a fan.
heyheyheyheyhey

this is a Bullard bashing thread, thank you very much booche

Bullard'd