Jambands.ca

David Byrne calls out U2

Tungsten Gruvsten

blackberry is sposnoring that expensive setup of theirs.

So then shouldn't that mean that Blackberry should be getting the flack from Byrne too?

With opulent spending being done by many other individuals and businesses, i'm sure that there could be a ton of examples that overshadow the spending on this U2 tour.

just a wee bit out of balance given all the starving people in Africa

Everything is "out of balance" with that kind of argument.

I was sorta surprised at the Dublin protests over the noise of setting up & tearing down made for U2's stage set-up, but was even more surprised when I read that U2's concert promoter sent a letter stating that the protesters may be sued for any money lost to U2, the promoters or anyone else associated with the tour.

only by default... if you don't cheer for your local team you soon only have the option of watching games on TV when the team folds, and then sometimes you even lose that...

it would appear that I'm a raptors fan as well, but I'm a first and foremost a basketball fan and then a knickerbocker all they way :)

David Byrne wins any debate between himself and U2 hands down based on the quality and character of music they put out these days...

Toe jam vs. blackberry theme = U2 blows, David Byrne wins.

or back in the day

Once in a lifetime vs. lemon

= U2 sucks

Edited by Guest

They suck. :D

But now that i think about it, the comparison is apt. Because when it comes down to it, it's all music on a stage... whether you're playing to 1200 people or 40,000 people doesn't change the fact that you're still up there, doing your thing and making music.

U2 consciously picks their venues, their stage, their corporate sponsors to fund their massive carbon footprint they call a tour. But it still boils down to the music, and that's why i make the comparison... and say they suck. To each their own though. It's all subjective.

Edited by Guest